ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Acceptable expletives

<< < (6/9) > >>

Deozaan:
It's a good point: since when did Pete become an expletive? I love this explanation!
-Perry Mowbray (August 25, 2007, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hope that explanation was a joke. It tells the exact date and time that phrase was first said but then it says there is no written record of it ever happening?  :-\ :huh:

Deozaan:
As someone who has never purposely said a "cuss" word in his life, I have decided that my favorite expletive replacer is "Smurf." I was trying explain to jgpaiva (if I recall correctly) how silly the F-Word is because it doesn't really mean anything, and how silly it is that people get offended by it, so to present a hypothetical situation I asked "What if everyone just said a silly word, like 'Smurf' when they wanted to cuss?"

"Smurf" is just such an ambiguous word like the F-Word that I tried to illustrate how any other word in its place completely changed the response you get from saying it.

Not long after that, I was having troubles with Windows Vista and it made me so very mad that for the first time in my life I really felt like saying some terrible things. Now App101 has a "welcome back" quote in the DC IRC channel of me saying the smurf word a lot. :-[

Darwin:
Smurf you, Microsmurf. I don't give a smurf about smurfing Vista, you mothersmurfing bunch of smurfs! Smurf off back under the rocks that you crawled out from under and smurf yourselves. Smurfing amateurs...

:P Yup. I feel better. Off to grab another smurfing beer...

cranioscopical:
I was having troubles with Windows Vista and it made me so very mad that for the first time in my life I really felt like saying some terrible things. Now App101 has a "welcome back" quote in the DC IRC channel of me saying the smurf word a lot. :-[
-Deozaan (August 26, 2007, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Smurf you, Microsmurf. I don't give a smurf about smurfing Vista...
-Darwin (August 26, 2007, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

We should all take this to heart. In future, when something goes wrong, it's Smurfy's law!

Perry Mowbray:
It's a good point: since when did Pete become an expletive? I love this explanation!
-Perry Mowbray (August 25, 2007, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hope that explanation was a joke. It tells the exact date and time that phrase was first said but then it says there is no written record of it ever happening?  :-\ :huh:
-Deozaan (August 26, 2007, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd assumed it was  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version