ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

YouTube Audio Problems

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
YouTube videos that are embedded on other sites are now playing sound for me too. Does the player look different to anyone else? I think they changed something.

I e-mailed YouTube support a few days ago and told them about the problem. With Typical outsourced Indian support they asked me for a specific URL of my troubles. I reiterated that any site besides YouTube.com was giving me audio problems and they didn't say anything back to me. I got a survey in my e-mail asking how happy I was with the support. I left a negative review because they didn't solve anything.

Then I turned on a video from another site and behold! Audio!

Anyone else who has had this problem recently find it fixed today?

Lashiec:
Yes, YouTube is testing a new page, and they gave a little redesign to the player. And the embedded player in other sites is even more different. If that's what are you asking... as for the sound problem, everything is fine here. Maybe you deactivated sound and that got carried over to other sites? It happened to me a few times before, and some sites were ignoring it. I think it's a cookie problem...

Deozaan:
Yes, YouTube is testing a new page, and they gave a little redesign to the player. And the embedded player in other sites is even more different. If that's what are you asking... as for the sound problem, everything is fine here. Maybe you deactivated sound and that got carried over to other sites? It happened to me a few times before, and some sites were ignoring it. I think it's a cookie problem...
-Lashiec (October 18, 2007, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you mean the mute button on the video player, I didn't have it on mute. I could watch a video on my Google Reader RSS feeds with no audio, click the link to the actual site the article was featured on and still have no audio, then click the video to take me to YouTube.com where the audio would work perfectly.

Anyway, the new player seems to have fixed the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version