topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: mouse messed up, please help  (Read 4079 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
mouse messed up, please help
« on: August 16, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Ok, so recently my mouse has started messing up. I'm thinking something is wrong with the mouse itself, because I have a different mouse, and the problem doesn't happen with it. So anyways, with my messed up mouse, sometimes when I left click on something, the mouse acts as if I didn't even push the button, and sometimes when ever I left click the mouse acts as if I am holding down the button, but I am not holding it down. It is very annoying, and I can't update the drivers for it, to see if that will work, because the only drivers I can get are the ones that came with the mouse, because when I goto Logitech's website, it says my mouse wasn't shipped with any software, and that it uses the drivers that windows assigns it. I thought that was hilarious, because It most certainty does come with software/drivers, the box even says, "this package contains: CD with software, comfort guidelines and user's guide". So I was wondering if anyone could help me out here, because I would like to be able to use my mouse without it messing up on me, and I don't want to use the other mouse, because it isn't wireless, and wired mice tend to get tangled up in all the other cables I have on my computer, and then you have to jerk on the mouse to get it to come untangled, and then you end up pulling out another cable in the process, and then when you try to use that item, it doesn't work.

edit: ok, can mice read words on the screen? Right after I made this post, I moved the receiver down right beside my mouse and tested the mouse again, and now it is working. Another question, how well does IR cordless mice work through wood, because I have the receiver on top of my desk, and my mouse down in a drawer, because if I put it on top of my desk, it is too high, because my chair is too low, and then after using it for a while, my arm starts to hurt, so putting the mouse down in a drawer, it is lower, so my arm is above my hand, and I am a lot more comfortable. (I hope I am not being too confusing here, sorry if I am.)
[Insert really cool signature here]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:59 PM by nite_monkey »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: mouse messed up, please help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 05:58 PM »
nite_monkey - I'd check for dust, hair and food build up inside the mouse, under the buttons. WRT the signal going through wood, my keyboard and mouse are both wireless and I can be considerably removed from my desk and have the desktop and other objects (a metal, foam and leather chair for a start) in the way and it all still works...

YMMV

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Well I thought about that, but I tried moving the receiver right next to my mouse, and it seemed to fix the problem, so I am thinking that I just picked a low grade keyboard/mouse combo, because that is all I could afford. So I am thinking that when I need to buy another one, I will wait until I have some more cash and get a better one.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Heh, heh - I hate to state the obvious but... have you tried fresh batteries? I've actually bought dud packs of batteries that are still sealed and yet have degaded. I find that with my wireless combo (MS setup that came free with Office 2003 - quite good, actually) fresh batteries make a huge difference. Note, though, that I am impressed with how long the batteries will last.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 06:45 PM »
My experience with logitech leads me to believe its just another case of shoddy workmanship, I've never bought anything of their's that actually worked properly, apart from a headset, but i'm expecting it will break any moment  ;D  Trouble is i forget why I don't buy them and well now i have a desk microphone and a webcam (and a mouse which used to work but was the worst mouse i ever had, don't know who's hand it was designed for but i bet it wasn’t human) neither of which work  :-[

Ahhh now I've written it maybe i'll remember  ;D

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:03 PM »
This might help grorgy - :trout: This one makes me think of the fish dance by Monty Python. Next time you're tempted to buy something by Logitech, just think about it...

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 07:16 PM »
hehehehe will do Darwin (I  :-* the Pythons)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 08:57 PM »
I tried different batteries, and it still didn't work right untill I moved the mouse and receiver to where they could see each other. I like logitech products, and I like microsoft hardware (mostly because they just buy the hardware and put their name on it), I have a wired logitech mouse, and it works perfectly, and I have a logitech webcam, and it works perfectly also.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 09:09 PM »
I must just be unlucky or something, Ive never had any real success with them at all, but given they are still in business they must work well for a lot of people, maybe if you change logitech and grorgy to numbers you end up with 666 or something  ;D