ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Ideas i want to bounce off you guys

<< < (2/8) > >>

Ozzy1:
It would scare some people off.

But if the software is good and usefull enough more people would Donate.
Just look at me, when i found out that the programs was really worth something, I came runnign with a little money...  :)

mouser:
this is my main concern -
you people who are kind enough to donate to support this project are the most important people -
and i don't want to do anything that would make things annoying for you guys or discourage people like you.
thats why i'm already not feeling good about making the latest betas available to members only, seems like i'm just making it harder for you guys to download the latest releases, etc.  i have to find a less annoying solution.

Ozzy1:
How about ONE page with just beta's on it?
And don't thread it, just have the latest betas there?

Then send us an email with a message "updated: CarrolThingy."

The hardest thing about this page is to find the thread where the news are...

But thats just me I guess  :-[

mouser:
the current method, where users have to go to members only section and find the thread to download just sucks.

i am going to soon find a better way that is more convenient for members.

a single page which is automatically accessible to members that lists all the most recent versions along with download link to each seems like it might probably be the best solution.  i think i can do this without much of a problem.

ill try to do it today or tomorrow.

newyorksong:
Yo Mouser;
        Ya I think you have to a trial and restrict type thing... to get people to join and donate. It seems people just will not do anything altruistic (or even fair in this case) unless they are gently nudged into it! I mean look how long it took the idiots to figure out George was screwing us all!
       So maybe ya can give em a 30 day trial and then it cuts out. Your being WAYyyyy to nice about it. But since you do have good product they will become members if they're groomed properly. So welcome them here and give them a freeware product but after a month they have to give SOME modest donation at least!  They other fruit cakes are just gonna rip you off till the end of time anyway.
     Fair should be fair.   Check out the link I gave you at andrewgumbel.com
The single members page is a good solution.   You most important asset is going to be this core group of supporters anyway.
                                                                                             Later gators Rog

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version