ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CCleaner 2.0 Beta Released - Clean the Crap off your Computer

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
One of the best free cleaning tools just got a little better (note this is a beta build so normal people might want to wait for a stable release!)

Features of CCleaner 2.0:

* Complete rebuild in C++ - With the requirements for a portable version, 64-bit compatibility and Windows Vista increasing against the limitations of the old architecture. We decided to rebuild the entire CCleaner application in highly optimized C++.
* Faster analyzing and cleaning - Each scanning process was rewritten from scratch and fully optimized. The result being a noticeable speed increase in all areas.
* Portable - CCleaner can now run from a USB thumbdrive and be installed/run on a computer without a complicated setup process.
* Compact - The rewrite removed all external file dependencies, so the main EXE is now half the size of the original program and support files.
* Redesigned User Interface - The original CCleaner user interface was looking a little dated, so the GUI was redesigned with a modern look, but without sacrificing speed or usability. New icons were created for the interface and the main program icon was updated with a more modern style.
* Exclusions - It is now possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
* Loads of little tweaks - Too numerous to mention them all separately, we've tried to improve CCleaner in all areas.
--- End quote ---

http://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner-20

from http://tech.cybernetnews.com/

dluby:
I ran CCleaner 2.0 beta and it SEEMS to have caused issues with a fine piece of software called LaunchBar Commander (1.60.06).  When I try use a Menu Node Type to display a list of files in a folder and click on an item, I get an error message: "ERROR: could not launch quickdoclauncher..."

Has anyone else encountered this?

Regards

Damian

PS reinstalling LaunchBar Commander solved the issue

mouser:
i wonder if ccleaner didn't delete the file?
maybe run ccleaner again and see if it wants to delete it for some reason?  sure seems odd that it would have..

dluby:
Hmmm, I ran CCleaner again and all was OK.  Maybe it was those darn gremlins which visit my PC every now and then.

wreckedcarzz:
I yearn for new software releases, and I :-* CCleaner. I hope they hurry up and put the final one up for grabs! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version