ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Latest MS updates borks WinXP?

<< < (5/8) > >>

nite_monkey:
I have updated my computer completely, and it is xp pro, and I haven't had any problems, had to restart it once all the updates were done, and it is still working for me.

f0dder:
I'm one of the lucky people as well, updated and no problems (AMD64x2). Pretty weird if it's a microcode patch that causes problems for intel CPUs, since afaik the cpu hardware goes to some lengths to only load intel-supplied microcode patches.

I'm also lucky with DEP, I have it turned on for everything with no exclusions, and no crashes... only ill-behaved software will suffer from it anyway :)

Darwin:
nite_monkey and fodder - glad that you came out unscathed! I am now confident that the problems on both my XP machines (didn't see any trouble on the Win2k notebook) were entirely coincidental. Time will tell, I guess. I'm watching out for any blogging or tech guru posts about the extent to which people have been affected this time around.

Deozaan:
Windows update did something with my audio drivers about a month ago and it made my PC blue screen a lot. I just removed the drivers since there are no speakers connected to this thing anyway and all is well.

Darwin:
I never let Windows update install patches for my non-MS hardware. Doing so in the past has led to disabled audio and on a different occasion an inoperative mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version