ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Latest MS updates borks WinXP?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Been my experience too - downloading recommended driver updates from Windows/Microsoft Update invariably junked the device and required a lot of hassle uninstalling and restalling the old drivers - or downloading new one from the manufacturers website.

Every time I go to MS Update it tells me to update my Netgear wireless driver - unfortunately the driver it offers for the update is clearly a Marvel LAN driver which is totally pointless!

Curt:
Maybe I am one of the "victims" of KB936357? Maybe. I have not been able to understand why my PC went sluggish and unstable, and have tried both this and that to fix the problem, but so far in vain. I have the KB936357 installed but my CPU is another kind than mentioned. But when I click "remove", Windows will list all these programs and say they will/might be affected:

Latest MS updates borks WinXP?

Forgive me for even asking such imposible question, but do I dare to remove KB936357?? 
 :tellme:

Edit: Let me re-phrase: Would you dare to remove this KB936357 ???

cranioscopical:
Borked?  So much nicer than "hosed" and all the really bad words I've been saying this morning.
--- End quote ---

I can offer no help with the problems, but the language of frustration is another matter. I can use all possible the help with that!
Those of you who are suffering might like to contribute suggestions here
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9612.msg72294#msg72294

Carol Haynes:
Maybe I am one of the "victims" of KB936357? Maybe. I have not been able to understand why my PC went sluggish and unstable, and have tried both this and that to fix the problem, but so far in vain. I have the KB936357 installed but my CPU is another kind than mentioned. But when I click "remove", Windows will list all these programs and say they will/might be affected:

Forgive me for even asking such imposible question, but do I dare to remove KB936357??
 :tellme:

Edit: Let me re-phrase: Would you dare to remove this KB936357 ???
-Curt (August 17, 2007, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Presumably it has replaced a DLL or similar which will be removed if you uninstall - but the listed applications have an interest in the file(s) that will be removed registered in the registry. Personally I would not be prepared to remove the KB unless I was prepared to reinstall those apps to get them working again!

Curt:
Thanks, Carol. Well, I am kind of prepared to re-install whatever it takes, but I also realize that some these apps are from GiveAwayOfTheDay, so they would be lost. Okay, easy comes, easy goes.

---

Does anyone "know" WHY WindizUpdate ( http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/ ) IS AT LEAST TEN THOUSAND TIMES FASTER THAN MICROSOFT UPDATE?

I couldn't believe it: Scanning and Installing: so incredible fast!!!
 :o   :up:   :Thmbsup:   :-*   ;D

Why would I ever go to Microsoft Update again ???  :tellme:

It's hard for me to understand why I have never have heard about this site before:
WindizUpdate - Wow!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version