topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:05 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DonationCoder apps integration with PortableApps?  (Read 3420 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DonationCoder apps integration with PortableApps?
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have read in several locations now that mouser's (and obviously skrommel's) applications are able to be run from any portable media. However, is it not true that they write to the registry (for uninstalling purposes)?

Personally, I hate the U3 jump drives (I got a 4GB Geek Squad drive that came with it and when I found out it got immediately uninstalled and I contacted them about not telling me that it was included, in some more-then-rude words...) so I use the open source program PortableApps (http://www.portableapps.com/). If possible (I have done it before, but the registry problem has blocked me before with other programs) can I put ScreenshotCaptor, Launchbar Commander, FARR and Process Tamer (and perhaps my all time favorite Dr. Windows :D) onto my drive? (Without tinkering with too many things?)

Thanks in advance all,
Brandon

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DonationCoder apps integration with PortableApps?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:30 PM »
yes, they should all run fine from usb drive. 

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DonationCoder apps integration with PortableApps?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Cool! I hadn't even thought of this, mouser, but Screenshot Captor running from my thumbdrive will be the bomb!