topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is there a way for Firefox to automatically login to websites.  (Read 10628 times)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm aware of Roboform,but was wondering if there is a setting or extension that would allow me to login into sites
automatically like Opera's wand feature.I love Opera but have to admit sometimes i need to fire up Firefox and
this is a bit of a drawback,not a huge one,but annoying none the less.

cemole

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Where do all the birds fly?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is there a way for Firefox to automatically login to websites.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I don't use Opera but I came across an extension that claims to be "similar to Opera's Wand login":
Secure Login
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:29 PM by cemole »

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 12:52 PM »
 :D

Sweet,works like a charm.I knew there had to be something out there.This should be built in.

Thanks again. 

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Firefox CAN remember logins and passwords, you just have to click the button to login. :) No add-ons needed.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:52 AM »
@wreckedcarzz

That's what i figured.I set firefox to remember passwords,then i'd go to login,press login...nothing.Right click,no options.I figured it was kinda of silly to have the option to remember passwords for no use except to remember
passwords.I don't know,i might be missing something right under my nose,which has happened a time or two.

Either way,though it would be nice to know how to do it without,the plugin does a good job at imitating Opera's
wand feature.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:04 AM »
@wreckedcarzz

That's what i figured.I set firefox to remember passwords,then i'd go to login,press login...nothing.Right click,no options.I figured it was kinda of silly to have the option to remember passwords for no use except to remember
passwords.I don't know,i might be missing something right under my nose,which has happened a time or two.

Not sure I understand what you are saying - you have the 'remember passwords' option ticked but when you go to log in to a website the details appear filled in but when you click on login nothing happens? Strange it works fine for me.

The only problem I have found with using the firefox password stuff is that it can get confused if you save more than one set of possible login details for the same site. You can delete them individually within the firefox options page and then save the correct details for that site by manually logging in again.

Actually I have RoboForm installed but I still use firefox to remember some passwords too (RoboForm says this conflicts but I have never had a problem) just because it is even quicker if you just have to click one button.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55 AM »
 ;D

See now it works  :-[  what the hell?

I still like the plugin though,it helps with multiple account logins to the same website.

Thanks for all the input all. :Thmbsup: