topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Keep Image and Show not working right  (Read 4105 times)

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Keep Image and Show not working right
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:51 PM »
Salvete!  Okay, I push shift+printscreen to capture the current window (dual monitor), and when the popup dialogue comes up, I push "Keep Image and Show".  So the SC Editor appears.  The image I just took appears there for just a moment, then it changes to the last screenshot image.  In the image panel I scroll to the bottom to find the one I just took and it is not there.  In fact, it isn't even in the capture folder.  I always update SC, and I have had this problem for a long time.  Now, if I were to choose "Image to Clipboard", it goes onto the clipboard no problem.  "Keep Image and Hide" works too.  But "Keep Image and Show" does not save the image at all.  Since it doesn't save the image, I think that is why it defaults to the last image it saves.

Thus, "Keep Image and Show" does not "keep" the image. 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Keep Image and Show not working right
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Strange!
It does sound like you've diagnosed the problem right.

The real question seems to be why is it not actually KEEPING the capture.  When i try it it does here.

Can you try a test, remove the other images in your screenshot directory, and then try the keep image and show.

Does the new image still not show up?  What if you go to the thumbnail panel and hit F5 to refresh it.  Still nothing?

What if you do several captures like this -- still nothing?

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Hello!  Sorry, I missed that last post for awhile.  Okay, if I do two in a row (Keep image and show), neither of them are saved, and the second one in the row gets saved.  The first one flashes for a split second and disappears.  Then, after a third time, it shows correctly, but does not get saved.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Quick question, do you have the option checked to "Don't Auto Save Captures?"
Screenshot - 11_5_2011 , 6_39_24 PM.png

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Salve, Mouser, and thanks for taking the time for me.  Actually, no that isn't checked, and that's because I grab a lot of shots to paste right into my Thunderbird (SC and TB is an awesome combination!).  However, after you told me to do a few grabs right in a row, for some reason, that made a difference.  Now if I do the "Keep Image and Show" it actually shows like it is supposed to!  And now I understand that if the option isn't set, it doesn't save the image - that part, it seems, was my misunderstanding.  About the image not showing after a grab, however, I don't know what was wrong, but after I did the multiple grabs in a row, I can't reproduce it any more!  Now, I absolutely know I had that problem because it was an issue for a very long time.  I am not crazy, really, I'm not!

Anyway,  thanks for your time, Mouser.  SC is my favourite screenshot program.  I always fall in love with programs that give me so many options that I can do exactly what I want and how I want.  SC is awesome, and I appreciate your generosity in making it available (for free!) to us.  If I didn't have a vow of poverty (I am a Catholic religious brother), I would send you a donation.

God bless.
-Brother Gabriel-Marie

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Happy to help.  Send some blessings my way, I can always use them.

If the problem does come back do let me know.