ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shortcut hotkeys

<< < (2/3) > >>

cemole:
I don't get the screensaver option when I type it in my version of FARR (2.00.138). I'm guessing a shortcut under the scripts folder of FARR installation is missing.

Edit: I included the nircmd alias to my custom alias list and voila! I have the screensaver option.

tomos:
I don't get the screensaver option when I type it in my version of FARR (2.00.138). I'm guessing a shortcut under the scripts folder of FARR installation is missing.
-cemole (August 15, 2007, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't add anything extra, I do use dcupdater to update plugins as well -
just checked - it's from the nircmd alias plugin - maybe I did add that manually  :-\

tomos:
-cemole (August 15, 2007, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't add anything extra, I do use dcupdater to update plugins as well -
just checked - it's from the nircmd alias plugin - maybe I did add that manually  :-\
-tomos (August 15, 2007, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
apologies it's not a plugin it's an alias 

EDIT: here's a link to the addons page for FARR, it's second on the list
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/addons/

not sure if it comes by default with the programme :-[

cemole:
I don't think nircmd alias comes with FARR, tomos. It's a add-on alias, I suppose:-)

I want to add that mouser recommended adding the alias under "FARR/AliasGroups/Installed" folder rather than "FARR/AliasGroups/MyCustom" folder but I don't think it really makes any difference in functionality. The only difference is that you can't make any changes if it's under "Installed".

jgpaiva:
You're almost right, cemole.
The 2 differences between the installed folder and the mycustom folder are that the aliases under installed are read-only, and can be changed with each update of farr.
So, if you move an alias from installed to mycustom, it won't be updated on farr update, and you'll be able to change stuff.

Also note that currently, the nircmd alias can't be updated throught the DCupdater, but the core aliases can be changed in a farr update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version