ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

program which lists new google page hits

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
anyone know of a program that can tell you about *new* google pages? or sort by date added?

let me explain:
let's say i want to find new pages on the web that mention DonationCoder.com
i can search google and get a list of 500 pages or whatever, but i have no way of coming back next week and saying "show me all the new pages which have been found since the last search"

if such a tool doesn't exist it sure seems like something that would be useful and not too hard to write.

Veign:
That would be a very cool tool!.

Have you done anything with the Google API?

clif_notes:
anyone know of a program that can tell you about *new* google pages? or sort by date added?

let me explain:
let's say i want to find new pages on the web that mention DonationCoder.com
i can search google and get a list of 500 pages or whatever, but i have no way of coming back next week and saying "show me all the new pages which have been found since the last search"

if such a tool doesn't exist it sure seems like something that would be useful and not too hard to write.

-mouser (September 21, 2005, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser,

No need to write any code. Try Google Alerts. I've used it a few times. It does pretty much what you are asking for. http://www.google.com/alerts

mouser:
cool - i'll give it a try.
i tend to prefer local solutions, so i might still write an application to do this (what do you think of the name "Newgle") but i'll give google alerts a try.

Veign:
Gonna give that a try and see....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version