ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gizmo's TechSupportAlert Recommends Mobysaurus Thesaurus

(1/1)

mouser:
In the latest Gizmo's TechSupportAlert newsletter, our own Wordzilla got a big nod of approval for his Mobysaurus free thesaurus program.

Congratulations!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

2.4 The Best Free Thesaurus Utility
Subscriber Bruce Fraser writes: "Gizmo, I've used your "46 Best-ever Freeware" suggestions of WordWeb and The Sage for years. The two products are virtually the same in that they both use the same data dictionary from Princeton University. Imagine a product which uses a different word database with ten times as many words. This product exists: Mobysaurus [1]. I installed it, looked up some sample words in it and compared the results to both WordWeb and Mobysaurus. I was stunned to see the difference. This is an amazing gift to the world for writers whether for pleasure or business. I donated $10 through DonationCoder but that is entirely optional." This is a great find, Bruce, but it is important to note that WordWeb and The Sage offer a combined dictionary and thesaurus, whereas Mobysaurus is a thesaurus only. Additionally, Mobysaurus is a stand-alone program, while the other two are more easily accessed from other applications. That said, it's the most powerful freeware thesaurus that I've tried and it gets my hearty recommendation for anyone who works with the written word. This is yet another outstanding free utility from the guys at DonationCoder. If you use Mobysaurus, do the right thing like Bruce did and support DonationCoder with a generous donation.
--- End quote ---

http://www.mobysaurus.com/

Thanks and welcome to all Gizmo readers  :up:

ps.
Don't miss Wordzilla's online version of his thesaurus system: http://freethesaurus.net/

mouser:
ps. if you like what wordzilla has done with his thesaurus tools or his recent amazing search enhancements for our forum: send him a few donationcredits !

jgpaiva:
Congrats Wordzilla!!!
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
It's great to see fellow DCers' work recognized in the interweb :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version