topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gizmo's TechSupportAlert Recommends Mobysaurus Thesaurus  (Read 5018 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Gizmo's TechSupportAlert Recommends Mobysaurus Thesaurus
« on: August 15, 2007, 12:45 AM »
In the latest Gizmo's TechSupportAlert newsletter, our own Wordzilla got a big nod of approval for his Mobysaurus free thesaurus program.

Congratulations!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

2.4 The Best Free Thesaurus Utility
Subscriber Bruce Fraser writes: "Gizmo, I've used your "46 Best-ever Freeware" suggestions of WordWeb and The Sage for years. The two products are virtually the same in that they both use the same data dictionary from Princeton University. Imagine a product which uses a different word database with ten times as many words. This product exists: Mobysaurus [1]. I installed it, looked up some sample words in it and compared the results to both WordWeb and Mobysaurus. I was stunned to see the difference. This is an amazing gift to the world for writers whether for pleasure or business. I donated $10 through DonationCoder but that is entirely optional." This is a great find, Bruce, but it is important to note that WordWeb and The Sage offer a combined dictionary and thesaurus, whereas Mobysaurus is a thesaurus only. Additionally, Mobysaurus is a stand-alone program, while the other two are more easily accessed from other applications. That said, it's the most powerful freeware thesaurus that I've tried and it gets my hearty recommendation for anyone who works with the written word. This is yet another outstanding free utility from the guys at DonationCoder. If you use Mobysaurus, do the right thing like Bruce did and support DonationCoder with a generous donation.

Screenshot - 8_15_2007 , 12_42_23 AM.png
http://www.mobysaurus.com/

Thanks and welcome to all Gizmo readers  :up:

ps.
Don't miss Wordzilla's online version of his thesaurus system: http://freethesaurus.net/
Screenshot - 8_15_2007 , 12_41_16 AM.png
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:04 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gizmo's TechSUpportAlert Recommends Mobysaurus Thesuarus
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:54 AM »
ps. if you like what wordzilla has done with his thesaurus tools or his recent amazing search enhancements for our forum: send him a few donationcredits !

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gizmo's TechSUpportAlert Recommends Mobysaurus Thesuarus
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:58 AM »
Congrats Wordzilla!!!
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
It's great to see fellow DCers' work recognized in the interweb :)