ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Should I add desktop screencast(movie) recording to ScreenshotCaptor?

<< < (3/6) > >>

katykaty:
I don't think that would be so useful - after all CamStudio does that really well and is freeware.

What would be fantastic would be something similar only for creating animated gifs.

Typical application I've got in mind: for adding in to html help documents to illustrate a short simple process. Animated gifs are ideal for this as they use next to no memory and don't rely on the user having the right swf or avi player.

KenR:
I think it would be better to write a separate app. SC is a good app as it is and I think that adding features to do an entirely different app would clutter the interface with irrelevant stuff. Better to write one of your typical best of its class apps to do just one thing.

Ken

KenR:
On the other hand, I barely have 600 posts (unlike most of the others commenting) and JG wants it, so ...  ;D
Ken

Darwin:
 :harhar: I guess I stand corrected! I have both Snag-It and BBFlashback so have no need of such a plug-in for Screencaptor, myself, but it still sounds a reasonable option to add. I guess two things spring to mind: 1. I hadn't realised that there are free alternatives to BBFlashback, etc (I bought it when I realised that the screencasting component in Snag-It is woefully inadequate for my needs, and not in a million years could I afford Camtasia!) 2. Maybe it's just me, but given the choice between installing a solid app that does screencaps and has basic screencasting capabilities and two apps to do the same thing, I'll take the single app. But then, I am contradicting myself, in a way, because I have often railed against the "everything AND the kitchen sink" approach to software coding...

Ken - I know your tongue is in your cheek/fingers are crossed when you write:

On the other hand, I barely have 600 posts (unlike most of the others commenting) and JG wants it, so ...
--- End quote ---

but don't sell yourself short! You cast a long shadow around here and your opinion is highly valued!

KenR:
:harhar: I guess I stand corrected! I have both Snag-It and ...
AND the kitchen sink" approach to software coding...

Ken - I know your tongue is in your cheek/fingers are crossed when you write:

On the other hand, I barely have 600 posts (unlike most of the others commenting) and JG wants it, so ...
--- End quote ---

but don't sell yourself short! You cast a long shadow around here and your opinion is highly valued! -Darwin (August 13, 2007, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Darwin. You were right about my comment being tongue in cheek.  :D Seriously though, I really appreciate what you said! Even if not true, it was very gracious and kind.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version