ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Should I add desktop screencast(movie) recording to ScreenshotCaptor?

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
If this wasn't too difficult to add, should i add the ability for Screenshot Captor to capture desktop screencasts (movies)?
The movies would be in standard avi format, and i wouldnt provide any editing functionality in SC, you'd have to edit them in another program, and youd have to convert them to swf or whatever if you wanted, using another tool.

Can i see a show of hands regarding who would want this? or should i just leave this to other tools?

AbteriX:
Hi mouser, thank you for your gentle offer  :Thmbsup:

1) For me this is related to the Captor.exe size
Right now we are at ~1,5MB here.

2) What would be the advantage of this feature?
Well, it would be nice to have this "by hand" to quickly record an error or like that...
but than the size of the AVI would be too big to eMail or so.

Just think: an option for an kind of slide show with the taken shots would be niftier?

-

so i thinK
a - if it not increase the exe size that much
and
b - if it is not to much work to implement this for you
then YES, nice to have.

Questions:
- how much can the exe increase?
- are there more DLLs or so?
- can this implementation break the stability of SC?

PhilB66:
That would be awesome. I use Rendersoft CamStudio but think that a screen capture and recorder in one would be a great combo. Development for CamStudio stopped but Source code available at http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/sources/camstudio/

mouser:
Maybe a good way to add this, IF i add this, would be as a plugin, so it would be optional.

cranioscopical:
I guess the replies you receive will reflect each individual's need for recording.

I'd say no.  I have tools to do this already.

An optional plug-in is hard to argue with, however, as it avoids 'bloat' for those who don't need recording.

So, you have my input... a definite no yes maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version