ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Inventory software to keep track of my stuff?

(1/1)

MrCrispy:
My apt is beginning to look like my file system - disorganized, full of hard to find things, and not easy to navigate. I want to organize it all so everything is where its supposed to be and I can find what I need. I looked at a few programs I found by searching on 'home inventory' but most of these are designed to track the value of stuff for home insurane purposes I guess.

What I want could probably be done by a simple database. I think the program I'm looking for would let me -

- create multiple storage locations - e.g. one for each room/drawer
- create multiple categories/tags
- assign stuff freely between the 2 of them
- easily find duplicates/stuff I already own
- (optional) add pictures

Is there anything like this?

tonsofpcs:
A simple database will do it.  I had one of these that I built with dataease many years ago, but I lost that HDD. 

Grorgy:
Tidiness leads to ruin, if you have a database you will need to make sure its up to date, then make sure things always go back where the database says they are, or update the database  ;D  good luck

MrCrispy:
Found this great site - http://www.lifeorganizers.com/

Lots of useful tips on organizing your life. The problem I think I'll have is like the guy who goes out to buy 'How to improve your Memory', comes home and puts it on the bookshelf right next to a copy he owns. You gotta stop looking for 'better' ways and tools and just do it!

MrCrispy:
Tidiness leads to ruin, if you have a database you will need to make sure its up to date, then make sure things always go back where the database says they are, or update the database
--- End quote ---

That does seem likely :) :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version