The developer of these two compilers (Aurora and Emergence Basic) has decided to distribute them as freeware, in the hope that charging a small fee for support coupled with much wider distribution will give him a better payback in the long run. These are both rock-solid programs capable of producing compact, standalone Windows executables.
I use Emergence Basic to create my own commercial software.http://www.ionicwind.com
Aurora features a syntax similar to C++ with high level commands making it ideal for students and advanced programmers alike. Aurora can create stand alone executables with no runtime libraries needed.
* Fast 32-bit compiler, assembler, and linker.
* Uses standard COFF and LIB format files for maximum compatibility.
* Easily upgradeable with add-on command libraries.
* Integrated editor, source-level debugger, and compiler.
* Multi-module programming supports unlimited source and include files.
* Interfaces seamlessly with Windows™ technologies.
* COM and OOP (class) support.
* Supports Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista.
* Intrinsic unicode support.
* Linux support in development.
* Built-in GUI/Form designer.
* Built-in menu designer.
* Gui, database, string, math, console, file, 2D and 3D libraries included.
* Integrated resource compiler.
* All tools can be run from the command line as well as the IDE.
* Robust data type support including classes, structures and unions.
Emergence BASIC (EBASIC) is a full featured 32 bit compiler for the Windows™ operating system. Capable of producing small, fast executables and DLL's. Emergence BASIC is the perfect language for those that prefer non-oop linear style languages.
- Fast 32 bit assembler, linker, and compiler.
- Uses standard COFF and LIB format files.
- Easily upgradeable and expandable.
- Integrated editor and debugger.
- Multi module programming.
- Supports Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP and Vista.
- Executables created are royalty free.
- Can create and use static libraries.
- BASIC like syntax.
- Rich command set, over 400 built in commands.
- Extensive operators and math functions.
- Built in linked-list handling.
- Easy window, dialog and control creation.
- Inline assembler for optimizing code.
- Text console support.
- Advanced and easy pointer operators.
- 'C' style pointer operations.
- Built in music and sound commands.
- Case insensitive keywords.
- Graphics primitive operations for quick and simple drawings.
- Text and graphics printer output support.
- Web enabled application development with the integrated html browser control.
- Simple common control commands and functions.
- Quickly interfaces with the Windows API, C runtime libraries, and static code libraries.
- Optional and default parameters for functions.
- Supports indirect function calls.
- ANSI compliant UDT and UNION types (structure).
- STDCALL and CDECL function calling conventions supported.
- OOP support.
- Built in database support.
- Built in 2D gaming commands.
- Built in Unicode support.
- Built in COM support.