topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: importing+exporting alias groups (nontroppo read in)  (Read 10634 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
importing+exporting alias groups (nontroppo read in)
« on: September 21, 2005, 12:16 PM »
the new version of f&r will let you import+export+paste alias groups.
when importing it will merge groups with your existing groups so its easy to share aliases.

nontroppo you mentioned the possibility of having your opera database output in a format suitable for find+run robot?

here is the format for pasting:

each entry should be on its own long line (without Carriage Returns):

here is the text for the nircmd alias you made which could be pasted in directly via right-click:
1000>>>nircmd>->screensaver | nircmd.exe screensaver>n>lock PC | c:\windows\nircmd.exe lockws >n>monitor (on/off/low) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe monitor $$1>n>setres (width) (height) (depth) $$1 $$2 $$3 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe setdisplay $$1 $$2 $$3>n>changevol(+#/-#) $$1 | nircmd.exe changesysvolume $$1>n>mute (0/1) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe mutesysvolume $$1>n>reboot | c:\windows\nircmd.exe qboxcom "Do you want to reboot ?" "question" exitwin reboot >n>raise (window) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe win activate stitle "$$1" $$2>n>settop (window) (0/1) $$1 $$2 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe win settopmost stitle "$$1" $$2>n>compliment $$1 | nircmd.exe infobox "Wow $$1, you're really great!">+>cmd(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)

if it was exported and imported to a file it would have a little prefix as follows:
[LaunchAlias]
0=1000>>>nircmd>->screensaver | nircmd.exe screensaver>n>lock PC | c:\windows\nircmd.exe lockws >n>monitor (on/off/low) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe monitor $$1>n>setres (width) (height) (depth) $$1 $$2 $$3 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe setdisplay $$1 $$2 $$3>n>changevol(+#/-#) $$1 | nircmd.exe changesysvolume $$1>n>mute (0/1) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe mutesysvolume $$1>n>reboot | c:\windows\nircmd.exe qboxcom "Do you want to reboot ?" "question" exitwin reboot >n>raise (window) $$1 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe win activate stitle "$$1" $$2>n>settop (window) (0/1) $$1 $$2 | c:\windows\nircmd.exe win settopmost stitle "$$1" $$2>n>compliment $$1 | nircmd.exe infobox "Wow $$1, you're really great!">+>cmd(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)

i think pasting would be most appropriate for the opera database thing, so here is the format in more detail with only 2 of the nircmds for example
1000>>>nircmd>->screensaver | nircmd.exe screensaver>n>lock PC | c:\windows\nircmd.exe lockws>+>cmd(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)(?:\s|)([^\s]*)

what it means:
the first number is the SCORE followed by >>>
then the group alias name followed by >->
then we have the list of entries in the group alias, each followed by >n>
each entry could be just a command (OR URL) with an optional display text followed by |
then >+> followed by the regular expression

another example with 2 entries which uses urls:
1000>>>search>->Google $$1 |http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=$$1>n>GoogleGroups $$1 |http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q$$1&qt_s=Search>+>search (.*)

what i'd like to do is gather a collection of the best commands in the next couple of weeks or so, and then be able to release version 2 with a bunch of commands already ready to use.  would be really nice to give users a nice collection of fun commands.

nontroppo

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
Re: importing+exporting alias groups (nontroppo read in)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Hi mouser,

Sorry, just got back from a visit to Budapest. Yes, the format seems ok on first inspection. I'm busy for the next couple of days, but I can code up a simple interface to the database. Would you like to have the interface online, so users could choose and search, or as a list you use locally as I think you are suggesting? I'm happy to host it, but you may want to host it, then it only requires PHP 4+ and MySQL to run.

FARR Wishes: Performance TweaksTask ControlAdaptive History
[url=http://opera.com/]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 01:40 PM »
id love it if you kept it with your opera database if it's not too much trouble -
but what i'd also like to do is get the master collection from you and then i can pick out a couple (or couple hundred) and add them to some groups to provide as default.

nontroppo

• Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 04:26 PM »
no trouble at all. i'll try and get a full dump converted into FARR export format (though I have no time for programming for a few days; so if you want the raw SQL dump you can have that)?

offtopic: here's a program to add to your "alternatives" list: http://www.camiweb.com/zenkey/index.htm — looks quite good though i haven't tried it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 04:30 PM »
i can wait.

adding zenkey to list - damn there are a lot of related app in that help file now.

ps.
how was budapest?

nontroppo

• Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 12:50 PM »
<offtopic>Budapest was amazingly beautiful. My flatmate is Hungarian, so I was lucky to get a more personal perspective to the city. There is a nice artistic movement building, taking the raw material of their transformation from East to West and using it; I visited a massive abandoned factory converted into an Art space (a Friend is the coordinator) to see a lot going on (150 artists working in just one centre!). Magyar (Hungarian) is utterly unintelligible to an English speaker, but I really love the sound.</off-topic>

nontroppo

• Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 10:54 AM »
All SE7 plugins output as text:

http://nontroppo.org/opsed/farr.php

I put each engine on a seperate line as individual entries into the same group to make the file easier to read; I can put them all in a single entry if you prefer.

The database has also been updated, e.g.:

http://nontroppo.org...ugin=39&type=SE7

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 10:57 AM »
great!  :up:

thanks nontroppo, i'll make my way through the list and build a default list of alias groups i think would be good to include with F&R.

nontroppo

• Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 06:01 AM »
Mouser, can we have an option to export groups to the clipboard directly? Currently we have to export to a file, open it up then copy.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:06 AM »
yep, was thinking that myself.. will add.

i've collected what i think are the best from your opera page and will be uploading a default alias set tomorrow, then i would appreciate help in adding or removing from that so we can come to an agreement on the best overall default set of alias groups to include in version 2.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Sounds good to me - you have added so many options and features to aliases that I have somewhat lost the plot - a default set may help me get my head round all this  :-\