topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 7:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: how to set the email option in screenshot captor 2.32.02  (Read 4282 times)

danw

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
how to set the email option in screenshot captor 2.32.02
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Hi
call me dumb! but i can't work out how to easily set up the way to send an image to email - I use it a lot when reply to requests from support people who always heaps of info - if only i could send them to screens quickly when i reply to their emails.  thought i could just click the email link - then i found it hard to work out what to do - then it just shot emails of without any record of them being sent in my outbox - i think that it must bypass my email program in my case outlook. it would be wonderful if it just knew the email reply that i had open & then added the image waiting for more before i send it.

actually it would be nice if an option was for an attachment or actually in the body of the text as so many wont accept attachments.

1. how to send a captured image by email
2. could you change the program to make it easier

thanks a lot I use your work lots of the time - all the best

regards Dan

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: how to set the email option in screenshot captor 2.32.02
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Dan, SC actually has 2 ways to send email.

The first is to send it directly using smtp and bypass your normal email client:
The second is to open your default mail client and create a new message (which sounds like what you want):

Screenshot - 8_9_2007 , 10_32_02 PM.png

Shemesh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: how to set the email option in screenshot captor 2.32.02
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:15 AM »
i kind of agree with 'danw', this feature is not so convenient.

i prefer it just open a new mail window with the image as attachment (or inside the mail) rather than let SC manage it.
i have all my addresses in Outlook address book, i want to take them from there!
i don't want to keep another address book just for SC.

so when i send it to mail i find myself right clicking on the image in the 'screenshot panel' and choosing: send to > mail recipient.

but this also have its disadvantages - it will not add my signature to the mail.
so the best option i have is to open a new mail from Outlook itself than drag the image from SC to my mail message.