ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ZTreeWin File Manager August Sale - 50% Off

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
I liked XTree Pro a lot, back when I first started using a computer in the DOS days of 1988...  But do people really want to go back to a single-pane file manager, when you could have any number of twin-pane Norton Commander clones?

BTW, here's the XTree Fan Page, which contains history, timeline, tips & tricks, add-ons, and details of numerous clones/workalikes (including ZTree) on different platforms.

yksyks:
For me using a single pane browser is not "going back", I seldom need it--ZTree usage differs from all those mouse extensive browsers. But if you want it, just press F8 (or configure ZTree to use it all the time).

rjbull:
For me using a single pane browser is not "going back", I seldom need it--ZTree usage differs from all those mouse extensive browsers. But if you want it, just press F8 (or configure ZTree to use it all the time).
-yksyks (August 12, 2007, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Twin-pane browsers probably started, and certainly became popular, with Norton Commander - for DOS ;)  Total Commander is an outstanding version for WinGUI, and is excellent for keyboard-centred people.  I really like the two panes because the idea of "source" and "target," visible at the same time, seems intuitive to me.

I still have a soft spot for XTree, though.

cthorpe:
-yksyks (August 12, 2007, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's the dual pane view from pressing F8 as yksyks pointed out:

Darwin:
Hmm... I wonder if this will hook into (or be hooked into by) TakeCommand/4NT or PromptPal? Of course, this begs the question of how essential this is, but it would be cool to be able work from within a console without having to rely on dir /w or dir /p to find things...

I'll just have to try it out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version