ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

2007 Worst dialog nominee, spelling category

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jimdoria:
Hmmm - the site is at a .br domain. I'm thinking English probably isn't their first language. Maybe it's spelled correctly in Portuguese!  :D

jgpaiva:
Hmmm - the site is at a .br domain. I'm thinking English probably isn't their first language. Maybe it's spelled correctly in Portuguese!  :D
-Jimdoria (August 20, 2007, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interestingly, the first time i saw this thread, i thought "damn looks like this guy is translating directly from portuguese". Now it makes sense! (i hadn't noticed the .br domain ;)).
"in case of a doubt about" is a portuguese expression, apparently that guy didn't know it doesn't exist in english :)

(the 'e' between "K" and "L" means "and" :) )

Darwin:
Cool - thanks for clearing that up for us, João. It's funny how often a non-native speaker will directly translate an expression from their native language into a different one, preserving syntax and everything. I see it all the time with Korean friends going from Korean into English and do it myself going from English into Korean (though this is less frequent an occurence because I am horribly handicapped by the fear of making a mistake, so don't often try...).

ak_:
This topic is going to make us - non-native english speakers - paranoid :D

Grorgy:
thats ok though ak_ theres a lot of paranoid native english speakers here to  ;D  Ok who said that!!??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version