topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Rapid Environment Editor - Freeware Windows environment variables editor  (Read 9983 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
just noticed this on shellcity. similar to DC's System Path Commander.

Rapid Environment Editor (RapidEE) is an environment variables editor. It includes easy to use GUI and replaces small and inconvenient Windows edit box. RapidEE supports all Windows versions, including Windows Vista.
-website

rapidee-th.png
http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
haven't tried it yet but it's very cool looking thing, and could be quite useful.

i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got -- it's a prefect example of a program that does one thing REALLLY well, with a really clean and simple user interface.

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
2mouser
i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got -- it's a prefect example of a program that does one thing REALLLY well, with a really clean and simple user interface.

I think the same about:
http://www.totalcmd....plugring/envvar.html

crono

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got
totally agree - its one of the first tools I install on a fresh machine. It's really cool, but It doesn't work on vista :(

//edit:
Oh - I see it has been updated -  I assume it works with vista (by looking at the screenshots) - very nice :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:09 AM by crono »

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
System Path Commander does work on Vista.  I agree, not as much attention as it deserves, quick clean and easy and does exactly what it is built to do.

Rapid Environment Editor helped a lot when I installed Vista for the first time.  I have used it a couple of times since to add command line utilities to my path, and it's dead simple, clean, and fast.  Love it.  Glad to see it here.