ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

hard drive resurrection [I'm desperate!]

<< < (8/8)

tinjaw:
I just wanted to post that a friend of mine did a quick format of a hard drive and then found out he needed to recover all of the documents that were on that drive. He tried a few programs and ended up purchasing "Recover My Files". He was able to successfully recover almost all of the lost files.

KenR:
I just wanted to post that a friend of mine did a quick format of a hard drive and then found out he needed to recover all of the documents that were on that drive. He tried a few programs and ended up purchasing "Recover My Files". He was able to successfully recover almost all of the lost files.
-tinjaw (August 07, 2007, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that post Tinny. That's good information. I decided on that program a while ago too and it has served me well also.

Darwin:
Yup, add me to the list of RecoverMyfiles admirers. This has saved my bacon a number of times, and does a nice job of recovering photos from digital media in addition to the harddrive. It's not so good for CD's and DVD's, though, I rely on isobuster and CDRoller for those...

wreckedcarzz:
OK, my semi-profesional (or not :P) opinion...

If I am reading this right (I am somewhat in a hurry, I will re-read later to make sure I don't sound like an idiot ;D)
Your initial 80GB drive, although risky, MAY be recoverable via freezing it about 24-36 hours, then taking it out and quickly trying to get as much data off as possible. As soon as the drive warms up, it will die (for good), so get it FAST.

As far as switching circut boards, make sure the drives are 100% exactly the same, and try it again. Trying it in another computer may help also, make sure its the slave though (so you can boot & recover).

Just try to freeeze it, it HAS worked for people; either that, or try DriveSavers (the bill ranges from $200 for a failed recovery to, for 80 GB i think like $2000 max for a 100% full recovery, depending on the type of service (ex economy is the cheapest)).

Hope I was some help! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version