ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Repair hotkey in Maxthon 1.6 on XP ??

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
XP Home SP2 & Maxthon 1.6 & "Ctrl+Shift+Arrow versus Ctrl+Arrow".

Whenever I write a forum post (like now) my memory will tell me that Ctrl+Shift+Arrow will mark the words to the right/left. In Maxthon, Ctrl+Arrow (without Shift) will change tab focus. But somehow my versions of Maxthon can not figure out to differ between Ctrl+Arrow and Ctrl+Shift+Arrow, so whenever I try to mark the words in a post, Maxthon will swift to another tab! This is frustrating, and I have of course searched and searched inside Maxthon to find this shortcut, or at least find anything related on how to change it / correct it - but in vain. It *seems* that I have to manipulate the registries?

I have of course installed a new version on top of the "old", but that didn't change anything.
I also have tried to uninstall various plugins, and that didn't help either.
I have removed as many hotkeys as posible.
The problem is not new to me.

So now I am asking if any of you hot shots know where I can change / repair this hotkey?  :tellme:

(image for no reason)

lanux128:
Curt, i'm not a Maxthon power user but there is this option (see pic) that you may try disabling to see if it helps you.. :)

Curt:
Yes, lanux, and thank you: now the problem is hidden,

- but then again, that is all it is; hidden. I was imaging that someone could direct me so I somehow could edit a registry key and make the problem go all away... but I surely can live with this, because Ctrl+Shift+Arrow is far more important to me than a hotkey for tab switching.

Thanks a lot!   :up:

hamradio:
You can also hit I believe Ctrl + Tab to switch tabs with a thing like the Alt + Tab of windows if you still want a hotkey for tab switching.

Curt:
You're right; Ctrl+Tab is the same; one more feature I didn't know of!
Thanks a lot, hamradio!   :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version