ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top 3 programs you use

<< < (10/41) > >>

Armando:
About those posts above.. I actually do do graphics, and whats illegal about it??
-Loki15 (August 09, 2007, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

As a joke ken was probably suggesting that you must be in the business of beautifying a lot of, ahem…. pictures???

Now, about the top 3 programs...??  This is just very difficult to answer without more precise parameters. And the others are right: it's hard to escape MS explorer (or replacements-- am considering Directory Opus), browsers (am using Maxthon), etc.

Anyway... if excluding the above and many others, the programs that I seem to be using the most ("timewise"... does that exist??), actively (so, no antivirus, firewall, etc.), are :

- Farr (because... it IS the best.  :) Launchy and the other "launchers" are a lot less powerful, sorry...  ;) )
- Clipboard Help + Spell (because it does everything I need in a clipboard enhancer...)
- MS Word 2003 (because I live in it... In Maxthon 1.6, X1, AHK and Outlook 2003 too, should I add... But... only three, only three....)

An unfair list, for sure...  As these won't do much without at least 10 other essential -- or at least vey important... -- pals.

Perry Mowbray:
Renegade ranted:
Ok - 1 problem with this thread - Browsers & Email clients - They're always going to be in there and not very interesting. I wish the topic were "Top 3 programs you use Plus your Email client & Browser..."
--- End quote ---

Agreed!

-Darwin (August 09, 2007, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I double Agree... so let's see:
1. LaunchBarCommander [Get's me into applications]
2. RoboForm [Get's me into sites]
3. Then comes the long list of productivity applications, the top being, um, ummmmm: PSPad would be involved in most aspects of what I do I'd think?

app103:
Giving it some more thought, and after considering a few things about the purpose of providing this list of applications, I would have to revise it to not include anything that loads at startup, since it's research for some type of application launcher.

Since it has been suggested to leave out the boring browsers and email clients, I am going to have to change the entire list.

Here are the top 3 things that I use that are not a browser or email client, do not load at startup, aren't launched automatically from within or by another application, and are instead launched manually by some sort of shortcut:

1. Windows Live Writer (best desktop blogging application I have ever used)
2. Notepad 2 (I click the icon to open that more times a day than I can count)
3. Paintshop Pro

(I just took the top 3 that qualified for the revised list from my wakoopa profile)

brett:
Top three excluding browser and email.

1 . ToDoList    (keeps my life semi-organized)
2.  Stickies     (post it notes for the desktop, un-organized stuff)
3.  GoodSync   (thumb drive sync program, just started using, love it)

Brett

Perry Mowbray:
I double Agree... so let's see:
1. LaunchBarCommander [Get's me into applications]
2. RoboForm [Get's me into sites]
3. Then comes the long list of productivity applications, the top being, um, ummmmm: PSPad would be involved in most aspects of what I do I'd think?
-Perry Mowbray (August 10, 2007, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point App: I have not had Wakoopa installed for some time, but looking back and using your non-auto start suggestion I'd have:
1. MS Visual Studio
2. PS Pad
3. MS Excel (How could I forget all the time I spend on Excel?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version