Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 31, 2014, 01:28:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your most used program? (listed, top to bottom, by popularity as of 8-29-07. excludes web browsers.)
FARR - 21 (31.3%)
DOpus - 19 (28.4%)
Autohotkey - 9 (13.4%)
xplorer2 - 8 (11.9%)
A tie between Foobar, RoboForm, The Bat, Total Commander and Website Watcher - 10 (14.9%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Top 3 programs you use  (Read 59527 times)
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »

Now that I have had this new pc for some months, and reset my wakoopa account so it will reflect only the software I run on here, it's time for a new list.

Excluding browsers, email clients, and anything that loads at startup (including being handled by my own lacuna launcher at startup), these are the top 3:

1. Notepad2
2. Paintshop Pro
3. Delphi

The order has changed, and WLW was replaced by Delphi. I guess that means I am writing more code than words, these days.  smiley

SKesselman
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »

1. Outlook (see #3 for one reason why)
2. Quicken
3. InfoSelect (only flaws:poor handling of all things in HTML, and no linking capabilities like DoOrganizer)
Other than that, I love that program.

Kiss If there were a #4, DoOrganizer would be it, (sorry!).  Kiss

-Sarah
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2009, 06:29:07 PM »

I voted xplorer2 because I have it set to start up with Windows and it stays open all day.
Of course, file-shuffling is much of the activity of my day, so it's no wonder.

Second is Outlook because much of my work comes in via email and the boss would not like me switching to Firebird.

Everything else gets opened with FARR, so it's a close but definite third.

If only there were an xplorer2 for my Linux box at home, I would be an order of magnitude happier.  Kiss
(xfe is close, but not really...)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:31:11 PM by Edvard » Logged

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Babis
Charter Member

« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »

Autohotkey
Dopus
FirstDefense-ISR
FARR
BinderDundat
Supporting Member

« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »

None of the above:

Free Commander
AutoHotKey
VideoLAN

A bit surprised that no-one mentioned VideoLAN (a media player)
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »

Because as of late it is not such a good media player anymore? (I mean the Windows version, which is the only one on which I have experience.)

Still using 0.8.6 of VLC instead of any 0.9.x version...if KMplayer fails.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »

I've been using linux for a few months now, so my tastes have changed a bit.
However, Opera and Eclipse are still my top choices, with Jajuk, Pidgin and Thunderbird on a close third smiley

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »

After a few days I will take down the apps/games and count them off, and the top 25 or so will get added my project, SimpleStart (easy starting of commonly used apps) that I am releasing later this month.

so what happened to the project mentioned in the OP? a download link would be helpful..

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.08 ]