ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

File-Saver (file undeletion utility) $40 off TODAY

(1/1)

rjbull:
Following the Anyone any idea how to fix file assocations? thread, I came across Doug Knox's site, and following his link for undeletion utilities, to File-Saver:

Buy BEFORE midnight, WEDNESDAY  ... and SAVE $40!

World's Most Powerful Undelete Tool GUARANTEED!
Undelete All Your Deleted Files With File Saver   
Undelete deleted files from any media!   Quickly scan and recover all of your deleted files
Recover A Lost or Deleted File!   Current user satisfaction rating of 99.8%
Undelete A Deleted File With One Click!   Already 400,000 undelete users worldwide
Restore Lost or Deleted Files!   No royalties or monthly fees unlike rival software products
Find Deleted Files And Restore Them!   Full support and online walk-through
Undelete Lost files from any media!   Usual selling price of $59.95

QUICKLY Recover Hundreds of Deleted Files from ANY drive on your computer - including camera cards!

INTUITIVE Windows Explorer mode enables you to view your deleted files as though they were still available on your computer!

INSTANT Image Preview - Is that the right photo? Check instantly without recovering, with image preview

ENHANCED Recovery Algorithms - New, exclusive data recovery algorithms mean File-Saver now recovers more files than any other undelete tool

PREDICTIVE Recovery - File-Saver provides you with full details on the files, including likelihood of recovery

RESTORE with folder structure feature enables you to restore entire folders, intact!

FULL SUPPORT for any drive - including all FAT and NTFS drives, floppy disks, and digital camera cards!

--- End quote ---

Normal price $59.95, today's price $19.95.

Darwin:
Not to worry - this program is ALWAYS at LEAST $40 off - I picked it up for $9.95 at one point three years ago or so and still see it as low as $14.95 occasionally. It's actually quite good but there are no updates (just upgrades that you have to buy at the full, er, discounted, price) and they've an activation limit of about 3 installations. Or at least they did with the last version.

EDIT: I ran up against the activation limit and have not had it installed since... I use RecoverMyFiles and Restorer2000 v.3 for my harddrive undelete needs. isobuster and CDRoller complete the quartet and provide me with CD/DVD recovery... Yes, redundancy is my middle name! However, I genuinely find that when it comes to recovering lost data more than one approach is better as there are some files that one app won't pick up but that another will.

Best feature of FileSaver? The option to securely delete the files that it finds for recovery. This is a really handy feature and as far as I know unique to File Saver.

rjbull:
this program is ALWAYS at LEAST $40 off
-Darwin (August 08, 2007, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did somehow wonder, and now I see the deadline has been incremented by a day    I don't know where they're based.  But if they are in the UK, I think it's illegal to have a "permanent sale."  You can only have a lower sale price if the item has been offered at the full price for some continuous period of time.

I use RecoverMyFiles and Restorer2000 v.3 for my harddrive undelete needs. isobuster and CDRoller complete the quartet and provide me with CD/DVD recovery

--- End quote ---

Darwin, you are either

*   DC's most all-round knowledgeable widest-ranging software guru   :Thmbsup:
*   DC's most promiscuous software adulterer   ;)
Delete as applicable   ;D

I genuinely find that when it comes to recovering lost data more than one approach is better

--- End quote ---

Can't argue with that.

brahman:
Hi,

as an alternative to the suggested programs:

Usually the free undeleter are bested by their commercial counterparts, but this has changed in recent weeks:

One of the best undelete file utilities I have found is the new Recuva.

It is incredibly fast, yet accurate and gives detailed recovery information. :up: You can also make it show a directory view of undeleted files, which is very nice. Also it restores files to their original date, which is a feature that when missing annoys me mucho.

I took part in their beta and believe me those guys are very serious about their software! It has gone through innumerable betas before they even released it into public beta and then more and more until it went final. And you don't see it, because they keep their extremely sophisticated software simple by design. Of course free is very nice also!  :Thmbsup:

You know them probably, because they are the publishers of Crap Cleaner, which by the way is in RC status for version 2, and it is very, very good also. Completely portable now, no dependencies and even faster than the previous version, something I have thought to be impossible but they did it! Tip for upgrader: Copy your old winapp2.ini (the 2 is the important number here) to your new ccleaner folder.

Please let me know how Recuva stacks up to your other file recovery software.

I have heard very good things about Restorer v3. A freeware alternative to this program may be the very capable version 1 of Handy Recovery, which is still being given away as a service, while the higher versions (v4 now) are commercial.

BTW another favorite undeleter is BacktoLife for TC, which works seamlessly in Total Commander and therefore earned this status for pure convenience.

I looked at CD Roller and it seems to be a truly capable program.

If you can settle for a little bit less of bells and whistles I would consider another freeware CD Recovery.

Also all of these are very nicely complemented by the new v3 beta release of freeware standby Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, which has enhanced its data recovery functions quite a bit. It has done wonders for me when recovering big multimedia files from DVD which had a few bad bytes in them (oh so common these days when you go over 4GB capacity on DVDs). Also take a good look at his other utilities: The only freeware REVERSE cloning program known to me (important on a failing HD, because the reverse cloning is easier on the failing hardware and you can encircle an area of bad sectors from front and behind).

Regards,

Brahman

rjbull:
Brahman,

Oops, I should have read "Replies to your posts" first, because I just posted about Recuva in this thread!

There's also CyberNotes: How to Recover Deleted Files for Free that someone mentioned on DC before, which lists several utilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version