ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

<< < (19/23) > >>

Ampa:
@Nosh: True, but man you should see how pimped out my training wheels are... 24crt rims, semi-precious Spokey-Dokeys - we're talking serious bling!

Ampa

nosh:
I'm speechless.  :huh:

mitzevo:
Hey, the latest addition of being able to have custom (and "default") icons is really great.. Now you can use x² as a full blown app, script, tool, etc. launcher and not have to see the same icons all over the place and forgot which is which [it was boring looking at all those hammers too]  :)

Here's what I've just started on (my current x² setup):

xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

edit: yes I like a little bit of eye candy.. other people are just happy with keyboard shortcuts 8) but just like there are people who prefer using the keyboard to the mouse, there are also people who prefer (or just like) some good looking icons and visuals (while not sacrificing speed or slowing down the app in a huge way).. yeah so once again, I am happy I am not stuck with x²'s defaults icons and can customize x² more visually (no we are not going the keyboard shortcuts and screen realestate route :) )

P.S., Hopefully some people produce some cool icon sets for x²  :Thmbsup:.

We don't mind!  :D

nosh:
I've been integrating it a bit with Autohotkey, simple stuff like customizing views + applying filters depending on how I start it... lots of fun!

Also the per folder settings (desktop.ini) is amazingly useful, I've customized every important (and quite  few not so important) folders on my system. :-* This is something WinExplorer gave me nightmares over coz it never seemed to work the way it was intended(?) for me, my settings would invariably get fudged up.

Lashiec:
The most important thing about this new development is that I need mitzevo to tell me the name of the visual style he is using in that screenshot, since it looks cool, and that would prove useful in the long term for a great number of people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version