ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your music player of choice?

<< < (3/28) > >>

allen:
I use ALSong for music. The deciding factor is the playlist because it's done RIGHT.
-Renegade (August 05, 2007, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does have very good play list management.  It does not, however, support last.fm does it?  -- The other qualm for me was that its primary differentiating feature (aside from playlists) is the lyrics browser.  Unfortunately, thus far not a single song/artist I listen to is in the lyric database :P Be nice if one could configure it to use other lyric databases out there.  But that's asubject for another thread :)

Renegade:
I use ALSong for music. The deciding factor is the playlist because it's done RIGHT.
-Renegade (August 05, 2007, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does have very good play list management.  It does not, however, support last.fm does it?  -- The other qualm for me was that its primary differentiating feature (aside from playlists) is the lyrics browser.  Unfortunately, thus far not a single song/artist I listen to is in the lyric database :P Be nice if one could configure it to use other lyric databases out there.  But that's asubject for another thread :)
-allen (August 05, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK - It's very late on Sunday night... That means that I've got a few (or more than a few) beer in me and I'm not about to check on last.fm... But I will once I get back into the office! I'll post back - when I'm sober! ;)

As for the lyrics thing... I've been really suprised to find some really esoteric music that I listen to in there.

If you try to search, you might just find it in there. There are well over a million in there, so there's a chance.

That being said, there's a LOT of music that isn't in there too.

Renegade:
Oh... One thing that I forgot to mention is that you can get some free music here. Some of the lyrics are in there. e.g. Closer, All Along the Watch Tower, Study Your Life, and a few more.

Music is very subjective, so you may like it or may not. I like every thing from Slayer to Bach so I'm not in much of a position to say what's good.

allen:
last.fm isn't particularly important to me, but seemed a critical matter in regards to the original post in this thread.  As the poster said, there aren't that many players that support it natively -- though might be something to consider. :)

The other day when I was playing with it, I'd tried most of the stuff I was listening to and wasn't finding any results. (Leonard Cohen, Johnette Napolitano (new album, didn't expect to find it), The Red Paintings, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)

Edit: I like free music, definitely going to have to give them a listen

Renegade:
Edit: I like free music, definitely going to have to give them a listen
-allen (August 05, 2007, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Kimo ROCKS!

I love his stuff!

But this is off topic... Yes - iTunes sucks! I only use it for podcasts (which it works for... usually...).

Edit: Correcting my drunk spelling errors. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version