ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your music player of choice?

<< < (27/28) > >>

iphigenie:
Banshee was very delicate with external programs touching media files
--- End quote ---

That is one of the things I don't want to have in a music manager (or player) - the imposition on the media file structure.

I have noticed many tools want to "import" your files into their own structure. Especially on linux

I have near 100Gb of music, i have spent time ever so slowly cleaning up dupes and badly tagged files, and I have it sync'd between network drives, local drives and USB drives, and I dont want my program to change it all and create DAYS of work for me. Yet so many do.

I encounter that I dont even try the soft.

housetier:
I have only encountered banshee to do this. None of the other media players I have tried changed files or directories 'behind my back'. I don't remember if you can turn this off.

OTOH if the collection is in really bad shape, a tool like this might actually help sorting the mess.

JavaJones:
The current Banshee release I'm looking at (called an "Alpha", 1.9.5) has options for whether you want it to reorganize your files. It's *off* by default.

That being said one of my favorite radio stations has a nice AAC stream which I tried first and it didn't play it, so that was a disappointment. I haven't played with it much more, but may do more soon.

- Oshyan

skwire:
What's the stream URL?  I'm curious if Trout can play it.

JavaJones:
Radio Paradise: http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_64aac.m3u

That's for the 64kbit AAC stream, which gives high quality sound without using too much bandwidth (theirs as well as mine).

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version