ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your music player of choice?

<< < (17/28) > >>

Fedorov:
Foobar of course, light and great quality music :)

wreckedcarzz:
If I am on Windows, I only use WMP (11). The sole reason: it starts up in a flash. Most of the time (90%) I just open my Music folder and use that as what most people use their playlist viewer in their music player for: play this song, now play this song. It doesn't force me to keep the player open if I want to stop listening to music for a short while, and it doesn't use any more resources than explorer does already.

BUT, if I am on Ubuntu (most of the time now at school), Songbird gets the vote. I used to like Amarok, but it has an odd UI - and I have been watching Songbird since EARLY releases, and it is a mature and stable beta program now (0.7, I started watching it at 0.3).

@Curt: ;D

EDIT: And because I get most of my music from Jamglue, I have to write my own ID3 tags. Do that for over 100 songs manually (I have 105 total, 4 from iTunes (DRM stripped) :o), and you get to know your music a lot better than you would have ever wanted to.

einstein999999:
I've been using iTunes a lot lately (I know, it's wonderfully bloated and such, but I haven't had much time to look into other music players lately).  I used to use Realplayer 11 Beta, but I've booted it from my system because I got frustrated with its incompatibility with Firefox 3.  I used MediaMonkey for a while, but got rid of it for some reason that I can't remember now.  I also used Songbird, which I really like, but the last time I used it, it used up a lot of my RAM.  Anyway, I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread.  These are some awesome suggestions, and I'll be looking into some of the players suggested here!  :)

Darwin:
[cue maniacal laughter][rant]So... does iTunes still install about 15 services that HAVE to run in order for it to work? The lack of any sort of provision for end-user input into what runs with the program had me screaming like a madman until I finally decided to cut my losses and uninstall it for good. I do not own an iPod and thus don't need to have a service running to enable iTunes to communicate with an iPod. Likewise, I don't need iTunes plugins loading into Outlook when I open it... and so on! Just curious if version 8.x addressed these long-standing beefs. My experience going from 4.x to 5.x to 6.x to 7.x was that rather than addressing users' concerns with each new release Apple ADDED MORE crap that runs with iTunes (and which must be running if you want iTunes to function).[/cue maniacal laughter][/rant]

4wd:
[cue maniacal laughter][rant]...[/cue maniacal laughter][/rant]
-Darwin (October 05, 2008, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your HTML nesting is incorrect, it should be:

[cue maniacal laughter][rant]...[/rant][/cue maniacal laughter]

First offense is a warning, subsequent offenses result in severe ridiculing.

Yours Sincerely,
TMC (The Markup Cops)

Disclaimer: I'm bored, so sue me.
Disclaimer: I think I'm currently on a Biorhythm high and the extra endorphins are playing havoc with my warped sense of humour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version