ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your music player of choice?

<< < (15/28) > >>

dspelley:

(Winamp vs iTunes vs MediaMonkey)2 Rematch.

Here's a music player review/comparison from Skytopia updated earlier today. This is a rematch from a review they did about 3 years ago. Pretty comprehensive comparison of the latest versions of Winamp, iTunes and MediaMonkey.

And the winner is.....

cthorpe:
I use three different players depending on what I am listening to.

For just playing a single album, I use Billy.

If I'm going to be on my computer for an extended length of time, I will fire up MusicIP Mixer, pick a few good songs and let it generate a mix.

Finally, I have a Zune and a Zune Pass (unlimited downloads and plays of most of the Zune catalog), so if I am putting tracks on it or looking around for something brand new I'll go with that one.

OldElmerFudd:
The minimalist simplicity of VUplayer (recommended by Allen) won me over.
-mouser (January 19, 2008, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Think you may be on to something here, mouser. There's a nice little set of filters and audio tools on the site, tho' for the life of me I can't seem to get the VU Meters to work.
 ;D

ThalSwe:
Just a small heads-up for users of Billy. It recently got a update  :-*

Version 1.04i beta - Feb 15 2008
FLAC support
Last.fm support (playing history)
ID3v2.4 tag support (view only in properties)
Musicbrainz support and replaygain values extracted, no support yet.
Recording with "pre" functionality in radio streams
Dedicated shortcuts for Shuffle/Repeat
Thanks all for the patients..
--- End quote ---

Quite a nice update if you ask me. Definatly ensured its spot on my usb stick :)

Josh:
I have to say, I used to be a winamp fan back in the days of the early 5.0 release. I then came upon Zoom Player which played everything I wanted (only player to support all formats I used plus dvd), but then it became plagued with repeated codec issues. I had to repeatedly reinstall codecs to get it to play files properly. I have since moved back to winamp and havent looked back. Once Winamp adds DVD playback, I will be completely satisfied with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version