ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your music player of choice?

<< < (21/28) > >>

urlwolf:
yes, I know how to generate the tags, but I was wondering if there was a hack to make AIMP understand the tags and apply the value when playing.

I'm using the hydrogenaudio version of the MAD plugin, and I get pretty bad clipping. I've tried plenty of options, I think there's nothing I can do. Plus the library will not show which files lack replaygain; AIMP is really not built for replaygain ATM. And I cannot get the library to import all my files, it hungs even if I carefully remove  the ones it doesn't like. I'm afraid the version I'm using is very buggy.

bugis:
WMV11 and Winamp. I find myself reaching for WMV more often. :-\

Darwin:
@bugis: WMV? Is that a typo or am I just being dim?

I've tried many media players and have settled on two: MusicIP Mixer and WMP 11. I'm happiest just using WMP though... Windows Media Centre under Vista is nice as well, but I don't tend to play music much on my Vista machine so haven't really explored it (or the differences between in at WMP).

J-Mac:
@bugis: WMV? Is that a typo or am I just being dim?

I've tried many media players and have settled on two: MusicIP Mixer and WMP 11. I'm happiest just using WMP though... Windows Media Centre under Vista is nice as well, but I don't tend to play music much on my Vista machine so haven't really explored it (or the differences between in at WMP).
-Darwin (October 13, 2008, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I WAS using WMP11 quite often until it hit me with a DRM problem!! I have a Rhapsody subscription (I know, I know - I have reasons for it!), but I did not reinstall the Rhapsody player after the last reinstall I did of XP. Planning to drop the subscription and the player has gotten a bit too intrusive for my taste.

But now WMP11 refuses to play ANY of my Rhapsody music tracks because it doesn’t detect Rhapsody installed on my computer. Huh? I DO have an active subscription for it, and I would think that WMP11 could contact their server and confirm that. After all, it does contact most DRM servers as far as I can tell. But even though contacting the Rhapsody DRM server would confirm that the tracks are all legal, it refuses because Rhapsody isn't currently installed. I relaize that might be a Rhapsody requirement - but I can't tell for sure. It's still aggarvating though.

And I know I can burn them all and re-rip them to remove the DRM, but its just a lot of aggravation for nothing IMO. Of course I just opened my MediaMonkey (with lifetime Gold license) and palyed them all there without so much as a DRM peep. Still stuck in my craw, though!

Jim

Curt:
- why not just re-install the Real thing, and let it to DrmRemoval to free the clips once and for all? DR might be strange and ugly to look at, but it works very well - also with Rhapsody.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version