ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

FirefoxPortable.exe on a small Flash Drive that will bring up an Index

(1/2) > >>

online_fixes:
I am using FirefoxPortable.exe on a small Flash Drive that will bring up an Index of information on my Grand Children. Stuff such as Phone numbers, Medical Stats, etc. I just give them to my daughters and when they have the kids out they just hang the drive around there neck and God forbid should they ever get lost, hurt , the info on the Flash drive will make calling Mom allot easier.

Right now I am using an ini file with the following but would like to switch to a batch file that will auto start when the Flash Drive is inserted:

[autorun]
shellexecute=FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe /minimize /path:index.htm /symbol:Z /RD
icon = FirefoxPortable.exe
action = PLEASE CLICK ON THE OK BUTTON
action = BELOW FOR INFORMATION ABOUT ME!
useautoplay=1

Using the above brings up a window that you have to Click OK on. I want to get rid of this step. Can I use the ini file above to start a batch file?
Something similar to the example that opens FirefoxPortable.exe:

Start /wait c:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe

The thing that would have to change in the above statement would be no drive letter.  Everything runs local on the flash drive.  I have FirefoxPortable set to default to an index.htm page located on the flash drive.

I may have posted this in the wrong place?  First time here but I expect I will be coming back many more.

Gary

online_fixes:
Let me know if I have the above posted in the wrong area.  A friend of mine and a Member here introduced me to the site. 

Gary

lanux128:
hi Gary, welcome to the forums! :) i'm not an expert on this even though i do tinker around with autorun.inf on removable drives to give each device an unique icon.. maybe this post from PortableApps.com may be of help to you.. :)

• AutoRun Portable FireFox

Carol Haynes:
I think the only way this is possible is to us a U3 compatible USB flashdrive - then you can set up an autostart function.

patthecat:
Take a look at this article:
http://www.dailycupoftech.com/have-your-lost-usb-drive-ask-for-help

Just download the mentioned "LostDrive.zip" and edit the readme.txt file to whatever text you want displayed on the pop-up window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version