topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Y'z Shadow  (Read 3188 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Y'z Shadow
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:14 AM »
From time to time I am a big fan of eye candy; be it a beautiful woman or stuff to make my PC look better. One FREE, small app I have come across is named Y'z Shadow and is the kidbrother of Y's Toolbar - both to be found at WinMatrix. The list of features is limited to making all windows cast a shadow [periode].[/periode] but it really is/are ALL windows, even context menus and drop-down boxes, and the shadow is discrete and tasteful. I like this little app:

Y'z Shadow:

Shadow.gif

The tree icons are from Y'z Toolbar:

shadowtoolbar.gif

Big brother, Y'z Toolbar, can do some more, but I have only begun to investigate the features:

Features:

Change the toolbar icons in Explorer and IE.
It can use 17x17 pixels to 64x64 pixels as the icon image sizes for the toobar themes.
Use either bmp and png for the icon image files to create the toolbars. Using the png file format allows for alpha blending, the user has the ability to create smooth icon toolbar images with drop shadows and without jaggy edges.

It does not rewrite any Windows system files.

Access Y'z ToolBar by right-clicking the toolbar in Explorer or IE and choosing it from the toolbar customizing pop-up menu.

Makes it possible to hide the Windows flag (throbber)in Explorer or in IE's toolbar.

Available in different languages (Japanese and English).
-Y'z Toolbar

FREE at http://www.winmatrix...x.php?showtopic=1161

Edit: Y'z Toolbar will not cooperate with Quizo's QT TabBar.
Edit2: Y'z does not write to registry, but is to be placed in Start.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:23 AM by Curt »