topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flash Tower Defense Game  (Read 5103 times)

BobBaker92

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Flash Tower Defense Game
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Hey guys, I posted a while back about my RPG Tower defense game.  I just completely redid it in flash, and would like some feedback please.

http://www.eAlienSoft.com

Its called Flash RPG Tower Defense

All that I have left to do is add a few more buildings and Wraths of God and I think i'll be ready for some heavy balance testing.

Thanks

Bobby

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flash Tower Defense Game
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:12 PM »
Off to  very good start. I like the feel of the user interface and the nice smooth movement of the enemies and how you can run multiple waves on top of each other.

some general comments (i played normal mode):
the weapons don't "feel" all that different.  like the splash damage one -- i don't see it splashing.
sometimes my towers just stopped attacking creatures, i wasn't sure why or if this was on purpose.
when clicking an existing tower, it would be nice to remind me of its characterstics (like when you click on new tower icon).
one of the towers said "magic damange" -- i had no idea what that would help do.

BobBaker92

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Hi, thanks for your quick response.  I thought i had that tower bug fixed where it stops sometimes, i'll have to take another look :)  The magic towers are for immune enemies, magic damage doesn't hurt them.  That is a good idea about showing the tower info when you select a tower though I'll get that in there.  As for the graphics of the bullets and things like that i'm waiting on my artist :) I plan on having some cool bullet - hit effects for each type of tower.

Thanks again,

Bobby

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 01:05 AM »
one thing that one of the best tower defense games did, was support interesting combinations, like when one kind of tower is next to another, different things happen.  added a whole new dimension to the game.

the game i'm talking about is Onslaught, and i consider it one of the best if not the best tower defense games:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=8183.0