ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win-Get: Anyone tried this?

<< < (2/2)

Laughing Man:
Hmm it reminds me of Ubuntu's "apt-get install nameofprogram". And it basically checks it from the list of repositories at /etc/apt/sources.list (sad that I have these memories now isn't it).

Would be cool if you could add links for it to check. But that would require software companies and individuals to actually have a standard way of storing their newest files.

Perry Mowbray:
Hmm it reminds me of Ubuntu's "apt-get install nameofprogram". And it basically checks it from the list of repositories at /etc/apt/sources.list (sad that I have these memories now isn't it). -Laughing Man (August 01, 2007, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

win-get is an automated install system and software repository for Microsoft Windows. The ideas for its creation come from apt-get and other related tools for the *nix platforms.-SourceForge
--- End quote ---

Would be cool if you could add links for it to check. But that would require software companies and individuals to actually have a standard way of storing their newest files.
-Laughing Man (August 01, 2007, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You mean to the Repository? You can do that here.

Laughing Man:
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to read the article yet (had to pick up some food). But that's cool. I think I'll download this and give it a spin for my Windows installations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version