ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

new PC options:-

<< < (6/11) > >>

tomos:
might go check out Phils recommended forums
Seasonics 500 is twice the 380 price ... (@120€)

If I get something reasonably good now it's well possible I'll upgrade it rather than getting new again

Saw a recommendation for a better mobo ("less problems")
Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H
both have onboard graphics which i happy with at the moment anyways

f0dder:
I ran my AMD64x2 4400+ system with one gig of ram, a bunch of harddrives, and a PCI-e GeForce6600 for quite a while and quite stable on a 400W PSU - but a decent-quality PSU.

As far as I understand, tomos isn't going to be running a SLI configuration or anything (considering that he's considering opting for onboard graphics). A 400W or 450W PSU should be quite sufficient. Heck, if the choice was between a quality 350W PSU or a whatever-cheapo 450+W PSU, I'd opt for the former.

tomos:
thanks everyone for the help,
this is the current incarnation :) with 430W PSU - I believe Seasonic have a good reputation so..

CPU Lüfter: Arctic-Cooling Alpine 64
€ 9,-*

CPU Sockel AM2: AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+
€ 89,-*

Floppy-Laufwerke: Teac Diskettenlaufwerk (with card-reader)
€ 24,-*

Netzteile: 430Watt: Seasonic S12II-430HB
€ 74,-*

Gehäuse Midi Tower: Cooler Master Elite RC-330
€ 33,-*

Modem analog: Devolo MicroLink 56K
€ 9,90*

DVD-Brenner SATA: LG GSA-H62N
€ 39,90*

Gehäuse Lüfter: Arctic-Cooling AF12025 Fan L Box
2 x
€ 3,40*
€ 6,80*

Mainboards Sockel AM2: GigaByte MA69G-S3
€ 74,-*

Festplatten 3,5 Zoll SATA: Samsung HD321KJ 320GB
2 x
€ 64,-*
€ 128,-*

Arbeitsspeicher MDT DIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit
€ 96,-*

Rounded figures:
€ 585* + €60 (Cost of Building) = €645 + Versand = €655
--- End quote ---

you can get a lot of the parts cheaper here, but as I was saying to someone here,
I'm really happy I dont have to build it - it's been complicated enough to get this far!
I'ts nice/great though to get all the advice  :Thmbsup:
and to have been able to check out a lot of the parts or simply that they have been recommended

gotta check out their guarantee cover monday by phone -
those details can be challenging enough in your native language - trying to wade through them in another, well...
the only way I can be sure of them is ringing up

Lashiec:
OK, late as always. Damn busy morning. Anyway, 380 W is MORE than enough these days. We're talking about a Seasonic PSU folks, not your 20 € generic PSU. The only thing better than that is a FSP. For tomos' PC, that PSU gave enough power, and he would even had some more for an additional videocard, and some HDDs. Anyway, I'm glad you didn't go for the 500 W model, as you would be burning money.

mouser, the worst thing could happen with an underpowered PSU is that the PC wouldn't start at all, at least with these kind of quality PSUs, with stable voltages and high efficiency. Of course, if you're talking about those unbranded PSUs, well, the computer could burn, the HDDs would fail... ;)

Carol, considering the advances of computing, whenever tomos want to update his setup in the future (a serious update, and a not too far future), he would be better buying another different PSU, not only for power and increased efficiency, and thus a lower bill (the ATX specifications are being updated constantly as lately, so do the minimum efficiency for those PSUs to achieve the certification) but also because the cabling is set to change in the near future. Where you found 4-pin auxiliary +12V connectors, the trend is going to those EPS +12V 8-pin connectors, which used to be standards on server motherboards, and those 6-pin PCIe connectors are being replaced in the high-end spectre with 8-pin ones as well. Not to mention PCIe 2.0 and quadcore that are almost there.

tomos:
eh, I've run into a small problem,
tried to buy that yesterday but they dont have that particular memory any more,
MDT DIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit
not in 2GB Kit at any rate

heres the link for the 1GB kit:
http://www.alternate.de/html/builder/proddetail.html?showTecData=true&class=ram&artno=IAIEUM&source2=needed#tecData
but I think thats no good cause it's prob 2x 512 (??)

Maybe I'm naive but I reckon anything with similar pricetag is going to be similar quality -
it's more I'm worried about getting something uncompatible,
of course I guess they'd let me know, but I'm not sure..

For example this one sounds very good if it's compatible:
OCZ DIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit OCZ2SOE8002GK, Special Ops Edition
http://www.alternate.de/html/builder/proddetail.html?articleId=167897&artno=IBIEM5&class=ram
Specs:

Gesamtkapazität: 2048 MB

Anzahl Module: 2

Bauform: DIMM

Typ: RAM-DDR2

Standard: DDR2 - 800 (PC2 - 6400)

Timings:      
CAS Latency (CL):5
RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD): 5
RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP): 5
Row-Active-Time (tRAS): 12

Anschluss: 240-pin

Spannung: 1,9 Volt

Spannungsbereich: from 1,9 Volt to 2,2 Volt
--- End quote ---
gets 4 stars from everyone..
If that one's okay I reckon I'm sorted!!

If not,
if anyone has the time and/or inclination   :)
maybe they could look at the list of possibilities & recommend a substitute?
http://www.alternate.de/html/builder/listing.html?class=ram&source=needed#A-DATA
The first option (MDT DIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit) was €96 - wouldnt want to pay a whole lot more..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version