ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Show number of characters as I type in email

<< < (10/11) > >>

lanux128:
a new version - v1.40 with some configurable settings and also check out the cool graphics by nudone! 8)

kiwi2b: i haven't pinned down the CPU problem that you were having but in the meantime do try out this version. :)

Count-as-you-type v1.40
Count-as-you-type-v140.ahk (14.64 kB - downloaded 475 times.)
Count-as-you-type-v140.exe (384.04 kB - downloaded 545 times.)

kiwi2b:
Good to see you back, hope you haven't been too busy. ;D
Options look great, graphics are excellent, About tab is the best I've seen, particularly with my name smack in the middle (can you make it flash? Joke). ;D

To recap:
...don't forget to disagregate the balloon tips, it's the one that always tells you about what email programme it is watching I need to disable, the other balloons are great.
A suggestion: not for me at this point, but I can see it as useful, is it possible to make CAYT the only way to enter text into a New Message window, and password protect the options window? That way it could completely stop people writing huge emails when they don't need to
--- End quote ---
Any of this possible?

How is Outlook 2007 handled, is it to be added to that drop down list? Don't quite understand "To add more than one program split with pipe". Do you mean window not program? Can't read all your comments, so maybe I'm missing something:

Also, the 1.38 version seemed to be better than 1.40: the CPU problem is worse (under outlook its way high, under express its around 15%; 1.38 was at 15% for outlook, and great for express). :( Also, if I open a new message in outlook, CAYT starts, but if I close the message and open another new message, CAYT fails to open. :huh:

lanux128:
i've changed the email apps from radio button to drop-down lists.. :) btw, i haven't forgotten your suggestions but i'm planning to do some work on the custom window first and newer apps like Outlook 2007 will be supported under custom winTitle.. if all goes well, the feature will work like this: you put the titles of programs as they appear on your desktop & CAYT will pop-up when they are detected. the syntax could be this way: new file -|New Message|untitled

as for the cut-off text, can you try clicking on the Cody pic from the main gui and let me know by posting a screenshot if the text is still being cut-off..

about CAYT failing to re-open, did you close the compose window 1st or CAYT? i actually had put in a flag so that CAYT doesn't pop-up if it is closed while the compose window is open. the rationale was that the users need some breathing space.. :)

also, the CPU problem looks like it's something that i have to refer to at the AHK forums.. don't worry, keep those feedbacks coming.. :)

kiwi2b:
Okay, looks like the CPU problem is under control. :Thmbsup: 1.40a and 1.40b seem free of the problem (1.40b seemed to have a problem once, but can't be sure. I'd choose 1.40a to be safe). Well done. :)

The GUI cropping:

This problem:about CAYT failing to reopen, did you close the compose window 1st or CAYT? i actually had put in a flag so that CAYT doesn't pop-up if it is closed while the compose window is open. the rationale was that the users need some breathing space..
--- End quote ---
Okay, I clicked the Close to Tray button of CAYT. Good point about the breathing space. If I click the button, I guess it says CAYT is not required, so it needs to stay in the tray.
But if I open up another message, save and close, then another, and another, CAYT stays silent until closed and restarted. I can imagine a user opening a new message, deciding they don't need CAYT, minimising, sending the message, then opening a new message where they want CAYT, and it doesn't appear!
Then the questions start, where is it, is it broken.... ;)
Then I blame the programmer ;D

lanux128:
that's good news, let me know if it keeps going easy on the CPU usage.. :)

ok, the Gui needs some work but the flag i mentioned sounds broken.. :) so you know the drill, i'll be posting a minor release to you and you'll have to verify that the status of the problem and so on.. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version