ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Show number of characters as I type in email

<< < (9/11) > >>

lanux128:
cpu usage thingy.. are you running the ahk script or the compiled exe when the high cpu activity occurs?
--- End quote ---
The compiled exe. The problem shows when I have an open Outlook message and the CountAYT window open, with another programme on top. Instead of staying quiet, Task manager is showing CountAYT as wanting 8 to 14% of the CPU. Like when I am writing this message. -kiwi2b (August 18, 2007, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

kiwi2b: can you try the AHK script and see if the same thing happens? if we can establish that the exe is the problem then i can compile using some other parameters.. :)

Note to self
• Ahk2Exe documentation - http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Scripts.htm#ahk2exe
• Script performance - http://autohotkey.free.fr/docs/misc/Performance.htm

kiwi2b:
Okay, I tried AHK and the script and it has the same problem. :(
Specifically, I start Outlook, then create a New message, CountAYT starts, CPU jumps up to 10 or 20% (which varies and seems high) and stays that way even if I don't type in CountAYT, close CountAYT to the tray or close the Outlook message. It only stops when I close Outlook.
The life of a programmer huh ...  :D

lanux128:
hmm.. that's strange, kiwi2b. did you had this problem in previous versions? in fact, i was having similar problems myself (see this post). :o i will try compiling again & see if that solves the problem.. :)

also on the program update, i'm halfway thru' the options gui and am awaiting some art-work from our resident Cody designer, nudone.. :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
here is a mock-up Options GUI screen.. let me know if you need any other options.. :)

IDEA: Show number of characters as I type in email

kiwi2b:
CPU problem: Check those 2 emails for details, the problem seems to be in the Outlook option.
Boy, that thread sounded like work. ;D My guess is a lot of people with similar but different problems that sound the same but aren't.
Great options, don't forget to disagregate the balloon tips, it's the one that always tells you about what email programme it is watching I need to disable, the other balloons are great.
A suggestion: not for me at this point, but I can see it as useful, is it possible to make CAYT the only way to enter text into a New Message window, and password protect the options window? That way it could completely stop people writing huge emails when they don't need to. :D
(Anyone know if Outlook has any sort of wordcount, can't find one, and if not then this programme looks pretty unique. :Thmbsup:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version