topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: RecentX for only $9.95 today - BitsDuJour.com  (Read 14928 times)

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
RecentX for only $9.95 today - BitsDuJour.com
« on: July 31, 2007, 12:38 AM »

Hello Dear Members,

RecentX is available at 50% discount only today at http://www.bitsdujour.com/

Price after discount - $9.95

Regards,
Gautam Jain

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: RecentX for only $9.95 today - BitsDuJour.com
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:43 AM »
The deal is available all weekend as well at bits du jour.

Carl

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Anyone here use this app? Opinions?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:07 PM »
I've got a copy. It captures a lot more "stuff" than "My Recent Documents" does and is quite light on resources. I don't know how indispensible it is - it depends on your usage, I guess. I go for ages without using it and then little flurries where it comes in REALLY handy.

YMMV

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Anyone here use this app? Opinions?

I don't have it, but: I have NoteZilla which they make and like a lot AND I have looked at this app, thought it looked nice, and considered buying. I thought the app would be useful, but have not bought it because of privacy concerns given my occupation. Generally I find their software to be well thought out. Hope this helps any fence sitters.
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Ken - like you I have a copy of Notezilla (won it here! Thank you Carl and ConceptWorld!) and love it. RecentX clears itself whenever you clear the MRU menus via windows cleanup (or whatever app - CrapCleaner for example - that you use) so privacy is an issue in the sense that people can access your documents but it isn't really any more insecure than a standard windows installation. In a way, it's almost a security feature because you can SEE what links are being retained in your registry, all in one place. "My recent documents" is a bit hit and miss in this regard in that it reliably displays recent Office docs but is not so reliable in linking to recent non-office files (strangely it's good about zip and exe files - go figure) even if they are contained in MRU entries in your registry. You can also use RecentX to clear them all... I dunno, as I said, I go for ages without even running it (for now have autostart disabled) but will then run into a situation where it is just the ticket. I like it because, as noted above, it places EVERYTHING in one location and organises them as well (tabs for Files, Folders, Webpages, etc.).

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I've checked it out for a little while now. Very nice, but I won't be buying it. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that I really need and that my other apps don't already cover. With FARR2 and FileBoxExtender I've got a better solution for my needs.

But again, does what it says just fine, from what I could see in the short time I ran it.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 06:34 AM »
Hmm... I feel I should amend my comments above about RecentX. Despite what the help file states, clearing your browser's cache DOES NOT remove the browsing history from within RecentX. To do this, you need to shut RecentX down and go to Drive:\Documents and Settings\UsersName\Application Data\Conceptworld\RecentX and delete* the file Websites.rxml. When you restart RecentX the webpages visited tag will be blank and the Websites.rxml file will not be recreated until you open up your browser.

If you're up to the task, you can open the rxml file in a text editor and remove any links that you don't want to be visible.

Just a heads up for the security conscious!

*Note I backed up my copy of Websites.rxml before trying the above and had no trouble restoring it.

marjorie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Teacher Perspective
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Hello Dear Members,

RecentX is available at 50% discount once again today [January 15, 2008] at http://www.bitsdujour.com/
Price after discount - $9.95.

In addition, NoteZilla is available also today at 40% discount at http://www.bitsdujour.com/  (Donation Coder discount is 30% available until January 31, 2008).  Price after discount $17.95.

You can use the same key on NoteZilla Portable. Two hours and 50 minutes left.

Best wishes,
Marjorie

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 08:17 PM »

Thanks Marjorie,

We are the developers of RecentX & NoteZilla.

>> You can use the
>> same key on NoteZilla Portable.

This is not correct. It has been misunderstood. Although the same key will work on NoteZilla Portable, you will still need to purchase separate license for NoteZilla Portable.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:19 PM »

By the way, RecentX is available today on BDJ, only with NoteZilla. You cannot purchase it separately. When you try to buy NoteZilla from BDJ, you will get a chance to add RecentX too, to your shopping cart.

Regards,
Gautam Jain