ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I have to confess

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I just requested my MAC code from my broadband provider so I can move away from them. The service was fantastic, support calls got through within two rings every time to the actual technicians/staff (no call centres) every time. The speed was great, no network contention, no port blocking, no traffic shaping and no bandwidth throttling, one month contract (!!!) free migration and no hidden costs  :-*

So I actually feel sorry and guilty that I have to leave  :-[ for a probably inferior product with inferior service that will save me about 30 pounds a month. (because I had to buy 20 gigabyte usage extra each month at 1 pound per GB).

IDNet I won't forget you!!!  :up: If you need a UK ADSL connection and you use less than 30GB a month you should give them a try. Such a shame.. ah well. Now I feel a bit better...

Never had that with a company before to be honest, very weird.

katykaty:
Signed up with Branson then?  ;)

steeladept:
Wow!  Seems so weird to hear such good news about a company.  Especially regarding phone support.  My experiences here in the U.S.A. have yet to yield a provider that has ANY decent service unless it is an independent, in which case it is neigh impossible to find good bandwidth.  It sounds like IDNet should setup shop in the U.S.A., they would make a killing if they are anywhere near reasonably priced with the competition.

f0dder:
Here in .dk I've used TDC (formerly called Tele Danmark... yes, monopoly) and CyberCity. Been pretty satisfied with speed and uptime of both, but phone support? Nah. I've only ever needed it for 'tricky' stuff (like "wtf did you change my static IP to change my line speed?"), and TDC weren't able to help in those situations, ever.

So I moved to CyberCity and their "cheaper but no support", and it's worked just perfectly. And there's still support if there's actually something wrong with the line...

ljbirns:
I have had Verion FIOS for three years now and I must say I am very satified.
I have only need phone support twice, but both times Igot a knowledable tech within three or four rings and my problem was solved fairly quicky .

Lew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version