topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I have to confess  (Read 4595 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have to confess
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I just requested my MAC code from my broadband provider so I can move away from them. The service was fantastic, support calls got through within two rings every time to the actual technicians/staff (no call centres) every time. The speed was great, no network contention, no port blocking, no traffic shaping and no bandwidth throttling, one month contract (!!!) free migration and no hidden costs  :-*

So I actually feel sorry and guilty that I have to leave  :-[ for a probably inferior product with inferior service that will save me about 30 pounds a month. (because I had to buy 20 gigabyte usage extra each month at 1 pound per GB).

IDNet I won't forget you!!!  :up: If you need a UK ADSL connection and you use less than 30GB a month you should give them a try. Such a shame.. ah well. Now I feel a bit better...

Never had that with a company before to be honest, very weird.

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I have to confess
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Signed up with Branson then?  ;)

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Wow!  Seems so weird to hear such good news about a company.  Especially regarding phone support.  My experiences here in the U.S.A. have yet to yield a provider that has ANY decent service unless it is an independent, in which case it is neigh impossible to find good bandwidth.  It sounds like IDNet should setup shop in the U.S.A., they would make a killing if they are anywhere near reasonably priced with the competition.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Here in .dk I've used TDC (formerly called Tele Danmark... yes, monopoly) and CyberCity. Been pretty satisfied with speed and uptime of both, but phone support? Nah. I've only ever needed it for 'tricky' stuff (like "wtf did you change my static IP to change my line speed?"), and TDC weren't able to help in those situations, ever.

So I moved to CyberCity and their "cheaper but no support", and it's worked just perfectly. And there's still support if there's actually something wrong with the line...
- carpe noctem

ljbirns

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I have had Verion FIOS for three years now and I must say I am very satified.
I have only need phone support twice, but both times Igot a knowledable tech within three or four rings and my problem was solved fairly quicky .

Lew
Lew

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Lew, you DOG — I'm totally jealous. With service like that, justice, I feel for you having to move.

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Good news. It looks like I'm moving back to IDNet.
At the switchover date, nothing happened. 2 days later, a British Telecom engineer hooks us up to the wrong network, causing a loss of our internet connection for the last 5 days now. Trying to get hold of technical support for Sky proves to be a nightmare, with people misinforming me about the cancellation policy, the problem, and false promises of getting updates on my problem every 24 hours (never happened).
They now want to phone me within 5 working days with a date when they can do another test and unplug /replug the connection. Looks like I'm switching my television away from Sky too after this experience.

After spending at least 3 sessions of half an hour each on the phone and all this, it took 1 call to IDNet: 1 ring and someone picked up, 60 seconds later I had the information I needed.
It will also take within 5 working days to switch back to IDNet.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:57 AM by justice »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 07:38 AM »
All right man, thanks for sharing the good news!