ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best search and replace software discussion

<< < (5/10) > >>

Darwin:
DigitalVolcano - sorry I missed this thread earlier - welcome to DC! And thank you for alerting us to TextCrawler, I'm installing the latest version now.

DigitalVolcano:
Hey all,
Just found a showstopper bug - if the columns are sorted in any way the system may perform operations on the wrong checkmarked files (marked files mode only).  I'll fix and upload this tonight.

The bug is in all versions... it's due to using an API column sort which scrambles the index. Argh!

AbteriX:
[silly]
Arrgh, i am looking every day at DV.uk what's new.... then i missed the release day yesterday....
... and now i didn't see that's the release already announced here  grrmml  :mad:  how could i overlooked this thread update?
Any way, here's my post, i don't wanna delete it   :-\
[/silly]

TextCrawler 1.0.4 is now available for download -> http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/

Changelog:
Removed max size limitation in combo boxes, (was 255 chars before)
Optimised form layout,
Resizable File and preview windows, (see what you prefer, more of the file list or  more of the search result )
Store Replace texts in RegEx library, (now you are able to store search AND replace strings as pair)
Store window settings,
Right-click Context menu in file window. (Mark all selected files, invert,...)
Multi-select in file window (as in explorer: Shift+Click, Strg+Click, range by holding left button and slide the mouse)
Sort columns/marked files bugfix.
No splash after first run.

You might want to back up your regex.txt file before installing just in case it get overwritten (hopefully it shouldn't)

Best search and replace software discussion

At least go to   http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/  and press the google ad`s to support DV  :Thmbsup:

AbteriX:
One thing I'd like to see is a "select all" and "inverse selection" (alredy in 1.03) toggle.
When wanting to make a change in 20 files out of 25, it's easier to select all of them and remove the checks from 5 of them.
Or select 5 and then do "inverse selection". At the moment i have to place 20 checkboxes.-justice (August 31, 2007, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You may know this already (i saw your edit), but just for the record:
"Select All"  is there too:  :D

1) select one (the first file e.g.)
2) invert selection
3) select the first one again

Or
1) click on first file
2) hold SHIFT-key down
3) press the END -key

Then use the context menu to mark all selected.

brahman:
I have been using Wildreplace for a while and found its feature set really nice:

WildReplace is a search & replace tool that lets you search for files on your disks and presents the results in a folder tree highlighting the folders and files that have been found. Most programs of its kind display a plain list of results; WildReplace presents the information by maintaining the folder structure of your disk, and highlighting the folders that contain files that have matched your search criteria.

You can search for files with special attributes (Read-Only, System, Archive, etc.), files that contain a matching phrase (works with both Text and Binary files). WildReplace can also replace text on files. WildReplace can create backups of modified files, delete files that match your search criteria or move all matching files to a new location while preserving the same folder structure.

Wildreplace also supports RegExpr and is freeware.

If one likes a really simple and functional program TexRep would be worth considering:

Replace text in multiple files in a single operation. Make backup copies of your original files, select case sensitive or insensitive searches, or choose between replacing whole or partial text strings. New features in version 2.0 includes improved user interface (Win XP compatible), a new scan folder(s) option, etc. Freeware.

Regards,

Brahman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version