ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best search and replace software discussion

<< < (4/10) > >>

AbteriX:
Hi DigitalVolcano welcome, great to have you here  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
welcome DV  :up:

Do people post betas for testing round here? I will have a little something soon that poker fans might like.
--- End quote ---

certainly.  the best section is probably here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=172.0

jeffjeff:
I've used ReplaceEm a number of times and found it fast and reliable (backup is good default considering the mess a "misreplacement" can do.) 
But I think I'll download TextCrawler and give it a spin next time i need that.

DigitalVolcano:
TextCrawler 1.0.3 is now available for download.  I've taken on board suggestions from here  :Thmbsup:

Changelog:
Removed max size limitation in combo boxes,
Optimised form layout,
Resizable File and preview windows,
Store Replace texts in RegEx library,
Store window settings,
Right-click Context menu in file window.
Multi-select in file window

You might want to back up your regex.txt file before installing just in case it get overwritten (hopefully it shouldn't)

Thanks all!
Download it here: http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/textcrawler.html

justice:
Great, got to try it out. It's now several weeks after and I have to say i'm still completely happy with TextCrawler as my search / replace tool. Topstyle is now adding a search / replace but even though it's one of the better implementations I still find TextCrawler better for the job.

One thing I'd like to see is a "select all" and "inverse selection" (alredy in 1.03) toggle.
When wanting to make a change in 20 files out of 25, it's easier to select all of them and remove the checks from 5 of them. Or select 5 and then do "inverse selection". At the moment i have to place 20 checkboxes.

Maybe even selecting multiple lines with the SHIFT / CTRL functionality from explorer and then press space to place the selection toggle. Although i've not checked 1.03 so that might be improved already.

edit: indeed 1.03 implements invert selection. Great! that's part of it done :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version