ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best search and replace software discussion

<< < (3/10) > >>

rjbull:
Take a look at Eric Pement's Web site.  Click on the SED link, then keep paging down until you come to the "Console/command line apps" and "Windows apps" sections on search and replace utilities.  His link for the old freeware version of HFFR is broken, but you can find it around the Web if you look.  Otherwise, the address for the current payware versions is http://www.silveragesoftware.com/ 

[Edit]
Silver Age Software offer this freeware:

Regular Expression Laboratory is an assistant simple to use tool to help you learn and prepare regular expressions.

If you are a developer or just concerned with text processing tasks, the Regular Expression Laboratory is a tool that you need. In fact, you felt that you need a program like this but could not formalize your needs. We have done this job for you. Now you can construct your regular expressions with much ease and test them by applying to an arbitrary text.

--- End quote ---
[/Edit]

mouser:
Like Tinjaw i have used Funduc's Search and Replace for a while, it's reliably good (not saying it's the best, but it's good):

http://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm

Armando:
What About Avanced Find and Replace. I trialed it at some point... Seemed really competent.
$29.99.

(But, hey, I'm not a developer... yet  :) )

Darwin:
What About Avanced Find and Replace. I trialed it at some point... Seemed really competent.
$29.99.

(But, hey, I'm not a developer... yet  :) )
-Armando (August 01, 2007, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like it and the developer is active on his own support forum, which helps! I also have a licence for PowerGrep (I used my PhD research as a justification for the the cost) and it is amazing. For searches I use FileLocator Pro or Archivarius, for simple and quick replacements AFR and for complex stuff PowerGrep. I know I could do it all with a combo of PowerGrep and Archivarius, but variety is, as they say, the spice of life. Life is spicy...

DigitalVolcano:
Hi there

Nice forum - looks like a friendly bunch so I thought I'd join.

I'm the developer of TextCrawler. Thanks for the suggestions AbteriX - window resizing is a must for for the next minor update.  Going forward I also hope to put in more power features - batch processing for one.  If anyone has a suggestions for the best features to implement/rip off from the shareware programs I'm all ears!

Do people post betas for testing round here? I will have a little something soon that poker fans might like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version