ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best search and replace software discussion

<< < (9/10) > >>

Ehtyar:
Direct link for Regular Expression Laboratory. Quite nice rjbull, thank you :)

Ehtyar.

Evanal:
There is a search and replace tool called MultiFind.
It is a pretty handy application that places several searches in different tab pages. This can be usefull if you make search/replace in same folders from time to time. MultiFind understands regular expressions, unicode files, and can hide in tray.

J-Mac:
There is a search and replace tool called MultiFind.
It is a pretty handy application that places several searches in different tab pages. This can be usefull if you make search/replace in same folders from time to time. MultiFind understands regular expressions, unicode files, and can hide in tray.

-Evanal (October 08, 2008, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you by any chance associated with that web site?

Jim

sajman99:
Since the poster who recommended MultiFind never affirmed or denied any affiliation, I never bothered to check out the software back then. But now that I've seen MultiFind listed on software sites, I decided to take a look. Turns out the freeware "lite" version of MultiFind is an easy-to-use lightweight and functional program comparable to DigitalVolcano's TextCrawler. If I had to pick just one, I'd still give the nod to TextCrawler but IMO MultiFind is a worthwhile contender. For the record, I especially like MultiFind's "Integrate MultiFind into Explorer's Context Menu" option which aids quick searching/replacing. The Pro version is available for $24.95, but I'm sticking with the freeware version for now.

Good Day, sajman99

AbteriX:
I think i like "FileReplace" better

German only:
http://www.meyweb.ch/meysoft/filereplace-suchen-ersetzen-mehreren-dateien.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version