ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Build a $250 PC That Doesn’t Suck

<< < (2/6) > >>

steeladept:
I know how that goes.   :-\  My last PC build was two years ago when my first daughter was still 2 months due yet.  However, she was born early due to pregnancy complications, and the only reason I could finish setting it up is because she was in the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit for a month.  I couldn't really sleep much from the worry, so when we weren't with her or at work, I worked on the PC.  Hope yours goes a bit more smoothly :Thmbsup:

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Hope yours goes a bit more smoothly :Thmbsup:-steeladept (July 29, 2007, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you kindly!  :)
My wife was born 2 months premature. She required some surgery to repair digestive track. She has this amazing scar on her belly. Even though we are currently at week 38, her stretched belly STILL has the deep scar tissue.

I work at Costco, and have decided to get one of our Viewsonic monitors. Last week we had a $20" drop $20 :) we also have a good keyboard/mouse combo by M$.

steeladept:
38 weeks?  You are home free then.  Even if the baby came today, it would be considered at term by most doctors.  Wait, it didn't already come, did it?  :P Good luck.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Not yet.
Although some more painful contractions were had today.

Carol Haynes:
One thought - you might want to get a more powerful PSU - 300W is a bit borderline for the CPU you are using and all the other internal peripherals and USB devices.

Check the spec for the mobo and the CPU at least for power required. I haven't done it but I would have thought over 400W (probably 450W) would be a useful minimum to aim at.

If you build a system and you find it unstable one of the first things you need to check is that you have sufficient power - it is a false economy if you then have to buy a second PSU (been there, done that, got the T-shirt !!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version