ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (4/28) > >>

Tyinsar:
Do you find 100+ zones actually usable? What size monitors are you running? I'm running at a resolution of 3840*2048, have 30 zones, and probably only use half of those on any regular basis.

jgpaiva:
OMG TheQwerty!

I am playing around with "Good Gridance.grid", and i'm finding it quite flexible, but a bit too complicated. An advice i can give you, is add one "maximize vertically" and one "maximize horizontally" areas, they'll spare you a lot of areas, and make it easier to use. On the other hand, it'd take 2 moves to move the window to the final position (which is perfectly acceptable if you usually use the keyboard to move stuff around).

About not being able to use grid 100 with the keyboard.. That's something i never thought someone would do.. LOL

I'm still using the Edge Grid, but as i see you guys make these increasingly complex grids, i think i probably should start thinking about making a better one for myself too ;)

Tyinsar:
Well, having tested the "Good Gridance" ;D & "4x4" grids I'd have to say they're much better than I expected :Thmbsup: - though I still doubt I would want to use them on a daily basis. However, I might use them as examples in the GridMove tutorial if that's OK with you.

Also, they reminded me to put a bit about comment lines into the tutorial (when I get back to that - hopefully this weekend), Thanks.

jgpaiva:
Comments!!

You're right, i just did myself a new grid and forgot the comments, i shall do it now ;)

TheQwerty:
Do you find 100+ zones actually usable?-Tyinsar (January 03, 2008, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
About not being able to use grid 100 with the keyboard.. That's something i never thought someone would do.. LOL-jgpaiva (January 03, 2008, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
heh...  :-[  Well to be perfectly honest I hardly ever use those grids.   They were part of the first grids I wrote just to get familiar with it all.  While very much overkill and hardly practical, I like having them around because they do provide a lot of functionality.

However, I might use them as examples in the GridMove tutorial if that's OK with you.-Tyinsar (January 03, 2008, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
I do not mind at all.  Feel free to edit them or do whatever you please with them.

An advice i can give you, is add one "maximize vertically" and one "maximize horizontally" areas, they'll spare you a lot of areas, and make it easier to use.-jgpaiva (January 03, 2008, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had been using those at one point but they follow the mouse cursor don't they?  I think that was what I didn't like about them originally.

My everday grid is actually pretty complicated overall, and until I can take the time to do a proper write up there's not much point in sharing it.  It consists of around 57 zones, all but 10 or so use plugins I've added, and it required some changes to your code to work like I wanted.  I'll have to try to share it all this weekend.  Especially now that I've teased everyone. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version